Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I was driving in the city and kept hitting the stop lights next to a guy on a Harley. He had a little fixture that held his smart phone to the chrome plate on the center of his tank. At each stop, the large, helmetless, tattooed man riding his ape hangered hog, would stoop over and begin Facebooking like a little girl with a crush she had to share.

At least he maintained proper appearance while he was in motion...

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Did you look him in the eye and shake your head in dismay, making him realize he looks foolish while Facebooking on his Hog!:ltr:

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you look him in the eye and shake your head in dismay, making him realize he looks foolish while Facebooking on his Hog!:ltr:
Actually, I'm more apt to ride in a colorful helmet and bright clothes than half naked and scowling, so I wouldn't be a good diplomat for the bad azz culture. Besides, he was too busy and I spent too much time looking over the other aspects of the bike to pay his modern behavior more than a little mind.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Lest this degrade utterly into a flogging of my knuckledragging brethren I'm sure that I needn't point out that elsewhere at the same time and even now, motorcyclists in colorful helmets and brightly colored clothes are rolling along physically and/or virtually married to their own electronica. The behavior may look stupid coming from a Harley rider but they don't own the franchise.

After thirty years of fighting the tide to the point of removing the factory radios from previous bikes, Pop has succumbed and now, if I ever expect to regain a shred of decency I have to admit...

Hello, my name is Pop and I have a mobile electronics problem.

Thankfully I would not recognize the signs that anyone is checking Facebook or tweeting. My illness is at a similar level to mommie disappearing into the bathroom to drop a couple Valium. Facebook is black tar in the alley behind the Chinese laundry.

But hey, everybody has to hit their own bottom. Who am I to take the inventory of Hells Angels.com?

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'll tell you a story about "bad ass culture" and electronica.

In the early 90s i was a punk rock / metal head. Not some bubble gum punk rock kid...dirty sloppy hardcore punk rock. Went to all the shows rocked our faces off, mosh pits, broken noses, excessive partying...the whole bit. So when NOFX (not hardcore punk i know...but its NOFX!) came to my town last year i had to go. All the gutter punks came out to play. It was very reminiscent of my youth...except for one thing i couldn't quite put my finger on...what was it? what was it? Then it hit me...every single one of these dirty grimy punk rock kids had a smart phone and were holding it up recording the show...no self respecting punk rock kid would have had a cell phone in my day...that's beer money!

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
motorcyclists in colorful helmets and brightly colored clothes are rolling along physically and/or virtually married to their own electronica.
Yahbot that's different. We're doing it because we're lost and can't read a map. :ltr:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Dr. Pavlov got it right. Thankfully, I was born in the electronic Dark Ages and got my synapses wired to concentrate on the task at hand without musical accompaniment or having to stay connected to my 2,000 closest friends. Its great theater from my vantage point. As you were Lemmings. :)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Dr. Pavlov got it right. Thankfully, I was born in the electronic Dark Ages and got my synapses wired to concentrate on the task at hand without musical accompaniment or having to stay connected to my 2,000 closest friends. Its great theater from my vantage point. As you were Lemmings. :)
Ricz, the only thing I try and follow is the road...cheers

·
Registered
12,296 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
I am 58 years old. I own a Mac (wife has a Dell) we have 2 IPhones, 2 IPads, a Kindle 2 Garmin GPS and Bose radio and surround. I don't have an electronics problem. You have a problem. I don't have a problem!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I am 58 years old. I own a Mac (wife has a Dell) we have 2 IPhones, 2 IPads, a Kindle 2 Garmin GPS and Bose radio and surround. I don't have an electronics problem. You have a problem. I don't have a problem!
You can get help for that non-problem you know. First comes denial....:D

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Yeah.....funny.....they are so busy sharing the moment with their 2K, that they miss it themselves. See it all the time...I guess that is OK, as long as they aren't in the car behind me coming up to a stop light.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts