1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
For one thing, he's got the idle down way low at about 500 RPM. Mine is a bit higher than that if I recall.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cant help it, I'm a sucker for lumpy idle. But it is not worth it if it's detrimental to the motor.

The older Vics had idle adjustment? That seems weird to have on a fuel injected bike.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
.... Not good for the engine like others have said .... But if he likes it, good on him I'd say ...

When i installed my cams my jackpot ran rough also, so quick adjust on the IAV and was back to normal.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I cant help it, I'm a sucker for lumpy idle. But it is not worth it if it's detrimental to the motor.

The older Vics had idle adjustment? That seems weird to have on a fuel injected bike.
Motor is stock with idle set way to low. That is hell on the relief valves in the oil pump.
07 and earlier bikes had no IAC. Idle was set just like a carb. By adjusting the opening of the throttle plates

·
Registered
632 Posts
Sounds just like a 45 degree Harley, Its amazing how many Non Harley owners try to make their bike sound like a Harley... I guess Harley's doing something right....:wink

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Out of ignorance and for future reference, what is an ideal idle rpm on the 07 and later bikes? My father in law wants an early hammer for his first Vic. I wouldn't mind the opportunity to show him something :D

·
Premium Member
12,978 Posts
950 is considered minimum. I like an even 1000 rpm idle. Higher when cold of course because the pre 08 Vic's have an idle speed adjuster right on the handlebars. The 08 and newer do it automagically.

No cams Kevin? Surprising. That lope sounds so cam-like to me.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
950 is considered minimum. I like an even 1000 rpm idle. Higher when cold of course because the pre 08 Vic's have an idle speed adjuster right on the handlebars. The 08 and newer do it automagically.

No cams Kevin? Surprising. That lope sounds so cam-like to me.
Thank you for those numbers BBob! I wish that guy had an in depth description. All that is written is that its a hammer with Ness pipes.

·
Registered
530 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts