Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my 2008 Vegas Low tonight going to Old Orchard Beach, ME. Gorgeous night for a ride. I was stopped at a light when the car next to me rolls down the window. Being tourist season I figure he needs directions. (The guy is the other side of 50 like me.) He says, "What is that" as he and his wife stare at the bike. I reply "Its a Victory, Victory Vegas." He gives a nod of approval while he and his wife just keep smiling. The light turns green and now I am smiling. Sometimes One does not have to say much to say a lot. What has someone said about your bike to make you smile? Have Fun and Ride Safe!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
On Sunday I had one guy at a gas station say "damn, that is a big bike"! Another guy on the same day said my XR was the first Victory he had ever seen up close and really liked it.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
I went to the local AutoZone last week to get parts for my truck. One of the young guys came out, and said "that is a beast! Is it the new Victory?"

Seems as if the word is getting out...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I pulled in to a local store and when I climbed off the bike and turned around a young blonde says, "my, what a large bulge you have". :ltr: Just kidding, that's never happened...and probably never will. :eek:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I pulled in to a local store and when I climbed off the bike and turned around a young blonde says, "my, what a large bulge you have". :ltr: Just kidding, that's never happened...and probably never will. :eek:
You beat me to it.

I have gotten compliments on the red bike, a few. Mostly from silverbacks.

I got more compliments on other bikes. Certainly Harleys, especially big twins all trimmed out with bags and a windshield get interest. Chrome won't get you home but it will get you noticed.

No brand gets compliments like Indian does. Mostly stroll down memory lane stuff.

Any bike with a hand shifter is a magnet for other bikers.

The good news is I don't give a damn. I'll talk bikes all day but when John Q Public buys my bikes then I'll give a hoot what he thinks about them. I just don't much care for John Q's opinions on just about anything.

He likes them. He can buy one. We did.

·
Registered
66 Posts
On Sunday I had one guy at a gas station say "damn, that is a big bike"! Another guy on the same day said my XR was the first Victory he had ever seen up close and really liked it.
I've had that one a couple times, too.

The strangest one though.....
Was driving home in rush hour traffic on the interstate. There was an accident so traffic had come to a stop. A guy on a Dyna of some sort pulled up next to me and was really checking out my bike. Then he looks up at my head and says "Nice helmet." Traffic started moving and I didn't see him again. No joke. Caught me slightly off guard.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I get compliments from mine every time I'm out riding. People really seem to like (and notice) the Anti-Freeze Green. I get more compliments on this bike than what I used to get on my custom 9ft chopper.

I ride with a lot of Harley buds, and not one of them has anything bad to say about it. As a matter of fact, more than a few of them have told me they wished they could get out of their current HD 'money pits' to get one. But usually they have so much invested in them, they just end up keeping them and adding more.

Thats all good though. I prefer to be on the 'unique' ride of the group.

·
Registered
755 Posts
You shouldn't wear such tight shirts!!! :ltr:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm and H-D rider but I try to compliment Vic owners anytime I see them for two reasons -

1. I love Vics and it's always nice to see something different on the road

2. To break the stereotype that us Harley guys are all a-holes haha

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Fueling takes longers some times it seems because the Vision has not populated yet so many folks want to know what it is. "Love the lines and curves" is the biggest compliment I seem to get on the bike. Many say "Wow thats futureristic".. hehe

I think the compliment that goes the farthest is a car passing, looks over at the bike with a WTF stare, maneuvers along side then gives a thumbs up and moves on...

·
Registered
96 Posts
I stopped by a local custom auto upholstery shop a few months back to discuss a seat I had for my JP. Two of the guys there loved the bike and couldn't stop talking about it. The owner of a custom bike shop a few doors down (really nice guy looked to be in his 60s) was taking a customers HD heritage for a spin and came over to talk. He parked the bike to get a closer look and walk around of the JP. He loved the bike too and kept mentioning how custom it looked...he was impressed. Definitely made my day.
When my wife has ridden on back before she was pregnant she kept noticing all the drivers we pass and people at stop lights gawking at the bike. I can't help but stare at it every time I go through my garage lol.

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
Then there's this reverse compliment....
A friend who drools over my XR has a friend who rides a Harley. When my friend told the Harley guy he was thinking seriously about buying a Victory, Harley guy responds with, "I don't like the looks of their back ends." My friend replied, "Maybe that's because that's all you get to see of a Victory." Touche!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Then there's this reverse compliment....
A friend who drools over my XR has a friend who rides a Harley. When my friend told the Harley guy he was thinking seriously about buying a Victory, Harley guy responds with, "I don't like the looks of their back ends." My friend replied, "Maybe that's because that's all you get to see of a Victory." Touche!
Lol nice

·
Registered
12,299 Posts
I had a 22 year old Blonde girl at work tell me my bike was sexy, now beat that

I came out of a grocery store and a very attractive 40 something (maybe that 22 year old's mom) was fawning over my bake and wanted to hop on behind me and go on a long trip. I guess I look safe to her. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I only occasionally get a "Cool bike" or what have you. Every once in a great while someone will stop and shoot the breeze with me about it. Last summer had a guy point my XR out to his friends and say "I told you I'm not the only Victory rider in Idaho!" He was on a Vegas with the 100/6 and his buddies were on Raiders.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had a 22 year old Blonde girl at work tell me my bike was sexy, now beat that

I've had guys on bikes tell me the 22 year old blonde I was working looked sexy. Happened thirty years ago. Does that count?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts