Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting everyone, new to victory as I just purchased a 2104 victory cross roads classic. On my second ride, the display went blank and the bike lost power for a moment. Then everything returned. Is this a computer issue or do I need to look in a different direction. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I'd check the battery connections first, before jumping to computer problems. The x-bikes are notorious for how easily the battery connections can come loose. I highly recommend adding lock washers, and di-electric grease.

Next, I'd look at the breaker right off of the battery. Those are also notorious for failure. If you can tap it with a screwdriver handle and replicate the power stutter, you should replace it. (note that you should also test it with a multimeter :) ). I recommend automotive-grade, rather than the cheap OEM one.

Also, check all of the fuses and relays in the fuse box behind the right-side panel. If your power problem is intermittent, one might be loose.

Reactions: vindex1963

·
13,299 Posts
go get battery load tested. Any battery place can do it. They don't last forever.
Add lock washers to each bolt and NEVER use your hand to check the bolts
your hand will lie to you

Reactions: otab

·
Premium Member
5,100 Posts
I like star washers on all high draw electrical connections. Cross bike WILL have loose battery connections over time, I check mine every oil change. Your 30a breaker next to the battery will also give you problems.

Reactions: otab
1 - 5 of 5 Posts