Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok new to the forum. Im having an issue on my 01. Battery died over winter. Jumped it with my truck it started. Speedo and tac worked fine. Died so I got new battery. Installed it and bam my Speedo don't work, gas light and oil light stays on, and tac not working. Please help!! Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Ok new to the forum. Im having an issue on my 01. Battery died over winter. Jumped it with my truck it started. Speedo and tac worked fine. Died so I got new battery. Installed it and bam my Speedo don't work, gas light and oil light stays on, and tac not working. Please help!! Thanks
Are you sure the new battery was properly charged?

It's been my experience that a malfunctioning or improperly connected voltage regulators will cause instruments to flake out, but if yours worked last year before you put the bike away, that probably isn't your problem.

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
I see (possibly) two strikes here; Jumping from a truck--too much amperage and buying a battery and installing it without fully charging it beforehand.

·
13,263 Posts
If you ever jump off car or truck make sure that motor is not running

·
Registered
530 Posts
My brain went to "hope the truck wasn't running when you jumped it"...I don't know much, but i know what i know...and i know this from learning the hard way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts