Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Any Ct Victory owners out there? I'm from West Haven.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi there... I am from Farmington. :cool:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ron,

glad to meet ya! Man I thought we were gonna get some more riding weather in this weekend after the past few days. Now it looks like snow!! Perfect time to tackle taking the cowl off and upgrading the speakers LOL!!

Stage one huh? How do you like it? I was thinking about taking to a guy in Danbury with a dyno and having him put the Commander in it and custom tune. I'm running Arlen Ness Big Honkers.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yup... I have gotten in some riding last month and planned to get out for a bit Sunday, but it looks like the roads will probably get some sand and salt Saturday.

I like the stage 1. After riding a Honda Valkyrie for the past 12 years the stage 1 is loud enough for me. Just a bit of a grumble until you turn her loose... then heads turn.:ltr: Plenty loud enough for me.

Maybe when the weather tuirns nicer we can meet for a coffee or something and I can listen to your pipes.

Ron

PS... is it Greg?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup... I have gotten in some riding last month and planned to get out for a bit Sunday, but it looks like the roads will probably get some sand and salt Saturday.

I like the stage 1. After riding a Honda Valkyrie for the past 12 years the stage 1 is loud enough for me. Just a bit of a grumble until you turn her loose... then heads turn.:ltr: Plenty loud enough for me.

Maybe when the weather tuirns nicer we can meet for a coffee or something and I can listen to your pipes.

Ron

PS... is it Greg?
Its John , Sounds good Ron, Yeah that would be cool. I'm up for nice ride in your neck of the state, much better than the citys I'm surrounded by LOL

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
Are you CT riders anywhere near Newport? We have very fond memories of the White Horse Tavern there. They make what has to be the world's best clam chowder. We have some great chowder out here, but that was something wonderful. Parking in central Newport can be terrible, but the White Horse has its own lot. Very historical building too. If you haven't been there, you ought to give it a try. Going to my club's rally in PA this June and will go out of our way to go to the White Horse again.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I usually ride in New Haven County, but have been heading up to Litchfield area just to get way from the city traffic. If I go on a all day trip usually head straight up to MA/VT on the back roads. I have yet to venture out in your neck of the woods. I typically do 3 trips a year over 2200 miles in 3-4 days just to get the long distance bug out of my system.

I'd like to do some rides with you guys this year, and explore some new areas! thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I usually ride in New Haven County, but have been heading up to Litchfield area just to get way from the city traffic. If I go on a all day trip usually head straight up to MA/VT on the back roads. I have yet to venture out in your neck of the woods. I typically do 3 trips a year over 2200 miles in 3-4 days just to get the long distance bug out of my system.

I'd like to do some rides with you guys this year, and explore some new areas! thumb up
Right on! I hear yah on getting away form the city traffic. I live in East Lyme on Boston Post Road I absolutely despise riding on I95.:mad: I prefer I395 and all the backroads in between.

We rode up to Quabbin Reservoir and Wachusett Mountain last year with other rides mixed in. This is my first touring bike after many sportbikes and it's the best of both worlds IMHO. Once we have our ride schedule set, I'll get it to you, RonBou and any other CT, RI or MA riders who are interested. cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet Red! I'm all about it!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm always in for a ride. I ride a lot in the Litchfield hills, usually nice and cool when the weather hits the 90s in the summer near my house. I ride down by the CT shore quite a bit also My son grew uo in Niantic so I am pretty familiar with all the old roads around East Lyme. AND I have been known to ride to RI for clam chowder on occasion. My favorite Dunkin Doughnuts is in Colchester which is a hour's ride on the back roads...so it takes me at least two hours to go out for coffee. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I'm always in for a ride. I ride a lot in the Litchfield hills, usually nice and cool when the weather hits the 90s in the summer near my house. I ride down by the CT shore quite a bit also My son grew uo in Niantic so I am pretty familiar with all the old roads around East Lyme. AND I have been known to ride to RI for clam chowder on occasion. My favorite Dunkin Doughnuts is in Colchester which is a hour's ride on the back roads...so it takes me at least two hours to go out for coffee. :cool:
That's great, Ron. Any excuse to ride is the right excuse. Your summer rides in the Litchfield hills sound great. We ride to Cap'n Jack's in Wakefield, RI for "chowda".;) When the wifey and I go out for short rides, we cruise Lyme, Old Lyme, Niantic and Waterford. cheers

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Jgreg65/RonBou and all other CT/RI/MA Victory riders, we have our Spring/Summer/Fall ride schedule posted on the link below: thumb up

http://advancedpowersportsusa.com

Check out the schedule at the Customer Corner tab of the site and click on "events". Enter April 2012 as the start month and September as the end month to view the rides and RSVP. Hope to see you guys there. cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm from Stamford went to H S in Milford now living in florida. black X C 2010
Florida, NICE!!!! I'm on the Orange / Milford town line. Hows the weather? We just got 3" of Frozen liquid road stuffing!!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jgreg65/RonBou and all other CT/RI/MA Victory riders, we have our Spring/Summer/Fall ride schedule posted on the link below: thumb up

Check out the schedule at the Customer Corner tab of the site and click on "events". Enter April 2012 as the start month and September as the end month to view the rides and RSVP. Hope to see you guys there. cheers
Found the site, but no ride info or dates? Or was it one to many cocktails on a windy freezing night?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Found the site, but no ride info or dates? Or was it one to many cocktails on a windy freezing night?
Everyone needs a "Hot Tottie" or two (Made of lemon tea, honey, and 2 ounces of Bourbon) on a night like this. :ltr:

When you open the site, put the cursor on customer corner, on the far right side, along the blue bar. In the drop-down window, click on events. Select April to September and hit search. The ride dates will come up. If it's still not working....have two more and try again in the morning. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
Hi...down in the Shelton/Monroe area. Bill at Advanced has been my dealer since I've owned Victorys. Hope to see you on the road.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Hi...down in the Shelton/Monroe area. Bill at Advanced has been my dealer since I've owned Victorys. Hope to see you on the road.
Hey Blueline, that sounds good. thumb up My first Victory and I'm really satisfied with the XC, Bill, Jess and Kyle at Advanced. We are really looking forward to the rides with other victory owners.

Spread the word. cheers

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Everyone needs a "Hot Tottie" or two (Made of lemon tea, honey, and 2 ounces of Bourbon) on a night like this. :ltr:

When you open the site, put the cursor on customer corner, on the far right side, along the blue bar. In the drop-down window, click on events. Select April to September and hit search. The ride dates will come up. If it's still not working....have two more and try again in the morning. :D
Ok I found it, looks cool for sure! Amazing what a little clarity will get ya LOL!

·
Registered
381 Posts

I penciled in the April ride on my calendar. I won't RSVP until we get closerto the date and I am sure that I can make it.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts