Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install fog lights /LED auxiliary lights on my vegas... what wire would i connect them too inside the headlight?

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
I want to install fog lights /LED auxiliary lights on my vegas... what wire would i connect them too inside the headlight?
I connected them to that very small light-bulb wires inside the head light ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
ok, they go on when your bike is on...
On my jackpot i just put another switch in between

On my CCT i connected them to my High beam .... Low beam is HID but high beam is stock bulb,

so that is how i did both bikes different ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

On my CCT i connected them to my High beam .... Low beam is HID but high beam is stock bulb,

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Thank you... awesome..

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
I approach fog/ driving lights on bikes like automakers do on cars: they're on with the low beams or on by themselves. Personally, I'd have them on with both high and low beams, with a separate switch. That way the electrical system isn't taxed so heavily upon start up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Andre using TaPaTaLk
have you encountered any issues with hooking them up to the high beam? i spliced it into the high beam bulb and when i turn on the high beam the fog lights come on....

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
have you encountered any issues with hooking them up to the high beam? i spliced it into the high beam bulb and when i turn on the high beam the fog lights come on....
That's how I have mine set up.

·
Premium Member
6,035 Posts
With LED the Amperes are so small .... The fuse did not burn yet

And on the jackpot & CCT i always run these HIGH BEAMS

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
543 Posts
I approach fog/ driving lights on bikes like automakers do on cars: they're on with the low beams or on by themselves. Personally, I'd have them on with both high and low beams, with a separate switch. That way the electrical system isn't taxed so heavily upon start up.
Believe the 'off with high beams' set up for cars is primarily due to the laws that require it in most States.

The set I mounted came with a harness that connected directly to the headlight harness. It is set up so the road/fog lights are on all the time but increase/decrease with the High/Low switch for the head light. There is also a separate switch that turns them off. This is a great set up that provides better light all of the time without irritating or disturbing oncoming traffic.

As for not taxing the electrical system, an LED's draw is so low I doubt there is a potential for trouble.

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Believe the 'off with high beams' set up for cars is primarily due to the laws that require it in most States.

The set I mounted came with a harness that connected directly to the headlight harness. It is set up so the road/fog lights are on all the time but increase/decrease with the High/Low switch for the head light. There is also a separate switch that turns them off. This is a great set up that provides better light all of the time without irritating or disturbing oncoming traffic.

As for not taxing the electrical system, an LED's draw is so low I doubt there is a potential for trouble.
Well put, sir. On all accounts. And as far as taxing the system, I am going off the experience of others. My father in law has a bored out Suzuki marauder that wouldn't start if the headlight was on, unless he bump started it. His problem was the starter wouldn't get enough juice to move. He put a toggle switch on his headlight and solved that issue.
I still like the idea of having nothing extra draining the battery while trying to start whatever I may be starting. Be it lights, HVAC controls, fans, whatever. I'm a nerd like that.:nerd

·
Registered
13 Posts
ScabbyDoo what kit do you have. It sounds like a nice kit with easy install. I like the idea of the lights being on with both the high and low beams. The more lights the better I am seen. Thanks. MikeR

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts