Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with Conquest Underdrive pulley.I would like to know the pro's and con's.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with Conquest Underdrive pulley.I would like to know the pro's and con's.
In 2006/2007... 1st gear was too tall. If you got stuck in traffic it was a real bear. In 2008, Victory put a lower 1st gear ratio in the transmission to make that situation better.

After the 1st couple of weeks with my bike I started looking for a pulley with a couple of less teeth. I found the 31 tooth pulley and bought it. With the stock belt the axle was all the way back, but tension was fine. Over time I found a belt with 2 less teeth (Buell 1125R belt) and that solved all the issues.

The difference in overall gearing is almost 7%. Whatever rpm you were turning at a given cruising speed will increase by that much. What used to be 2500 rpm will now be 2675 (+175 rpm). But you need to understand that EVERY gear is shorter as you are changing the gearing of the final drive.

I like the gearing a whole lot better. I changed back to stock for a trip and regretted it the whole time. I have friends who did the same mods and won't go back. However, these were all the 2006/2007 bikes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I too am interested in this mod. I went down two teeth on my V-Rod, and really like it. Lowered the 1/4 mile time by about 2/10s. Should do the same on a Victory. I assume this also changes you speedo and odometer reading by 7%?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts