Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have been in the market for a V92TC and have came across a 2006 Deluxe. It has 14,000 miles, one owner and well doccumented. It's bone stock, and can be bought for $7500. Any issues with the 06's? I would like to add a seat that will accommodate a drivers back rest, and a Stage I kit. Does anyone know if these are still available? ''

Thanks in Advance

8772f0f8-516a-481c-95b1-cf8a64b6bd10.jpg

·
Registered
361 Posts
A 2006 TC is the best platform Victory has ever had-7 years of refinements from the original V92C-Freedom engine, improved suspension, huge bags & weight capacity. A very solid performer. I put 72,000 miles on my 03 TC before I traded it in on a Vision and still miss it. The UPS paint job is a matter of taste but the TC's are tops in my book.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Better jump on it! I have been watching TC prices for a while and 20-25K is about average with prices around 6500-7000. Several came with the S1L1 installed. Post a pic of the pipe back side and pull the air box cover to see if that is a K&N filter. Answer is No, probably not going to find a kit but YES you can get the S1 flash and you have a couple options for the air box in addition to K&N stock style. The big money is those pipes. Your not going to find the L1's just laying around HOWEVER there are some good alternatives.

As far as 06, the last year, best MONO and you can't kill that V92! Just like ByteN2it said, the TC is tops in the traditional bagger from VIC and I am VERY glad I did NOT sell my 04. I put about 20K on mine in a little over a year and only reason I bought the VV is the deal I got on it. I have done to Saddle Sore 1K's on my TC and rode to work the next day like nothing. It rides that good.

Good luck, post a pic of that exhaust and keep us posted!
Tim

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with BN2, the two tone (UPS) brown wouldn't have been my first choice, but as I understand it, it was only used in 2006 on the TC and Kingpin Deluxe models. Maybe there was a reason for that...LOL. I think the bike is priced fairly given the fact that I am in the mid-west, and these are not showing up on every corner anymore. What are the aftermarket choices for exhaust and touring seats? I've seen guys here post some good things about the D&D system, and I know Mustang still makes a touring seat for this model. Any feedback or comments?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Not going to go wrong with the Mustang IMHO and it has a comfortable backrest which is what I have on mine now. I have no complaints about it except when I get off the Vision and back on the TC... lol Im not kidding about the comfort of it, seems like it just has a good fit and you settle right in for the ride with the backrest making it extremely comfortable once you get on the road and kick back. I think D&D may be the right sound should you not have or can't find a set of level1's and they seem to be priced right but I have level1's and don't plan on changing so havent really looked into it. Again on the exhaust, looking up the tail pipe, the level 1s have a larger exhaust hole and you should be able to see straight through them (basicly a glass pac) where as the stock exhaust was baffled but you could drill it out. There are some pics in the V92 fourm of a V92 converted to a bagger with stock pipes drilled out.

BTW, I kinda like the bronze myself.. lol...

·
Registered
812 Posts
I sure wish that was in my area and I had the money. I would buy it. Paint can be changed. I have been collecting parts to turn my 99 V92C to a V92TC. It is pretty much done. I only need 4 items to be completely done, but those will waiting for now. I need the TC headlight bucket, TC passing lamp/turn signal bar, new neck bearings, and the 92" freedom motor. I have both a stock TC seat that is comfy, and a mustang seat. I am also the one who drilled out the stock mufflers. I have video of the sound Chang on YouTube too. Again, if I had the money I would buy it in a heart beat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Atbyrne....I went on youtube and checked out the exhaust modification you made to the stock end plates.Sounds great!! Did you have to re-tune, or flash the ECM? I'm not sure the ECM's on the 99's required this?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have had the 05 TC for 5 years and it is super reliable. I have D&D pipes K&N filter and the Arlen Ness big shot fuel tuner on it. The original owner had the modifications installed and it was set up nicely. It took me awhile to realize that I had a real classic bike and am not looking at selling it anytime soon. Enjoy the bike if you get it I think the Mustang seat can have a backrest for the driver but mine does not. Mikethumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
If I had $7,000 burning a hole in my pocket, it would go towards an 04-06 Kingpin. Not only are the TC aftermarket options non-existent, but the factory replacement parts are also disappearing fast. This is just my opinion - up to you to consider it or ignore it. That being said, that tractor cruiser looks to be in showroom condition.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's a nice TC. I would definitely consider buying that bike if it was in my area also. As far as the paint go's, I like it. Why not be different. i would take that bike over a Kingpin any day! But that's me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got home from the delaership, and sorry to say that we couldn't get together on a price. The bike had been involved in a slow lay over, and although it was repaired with new Victory parts, by a certified shop, I just couldn't get comfortable with that fact. Offerd $6800, and $7200 was their bottom dollar. SO the search continues. I also looked at a 2006 Kingpin. Same paint, one owner, and get this....only 1300 ACTUAL MILES!!!. $7800. Probably a good deal, but I just can't warm up to the Kingpins. True the TC lines and style are a little antiquated, but I guess I'm just a little antiquated too.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's a shame you couldn't make a deal. You made a good offer, you never know they may change there mind and call you.

The Kingpin is a nice bike, I'm just old school and like the classic look
of the old cruisers.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Wow I don't know if I could have let it go over $300.00. But it is not me buying it. I bought my 99 after it had been laid down really hard. It messed up the handle bars, exhaust, and saddle bag. Had a few scratches on the fenders and even be t the rear subframe some. All fixed by me. If it was fixed with victory parts that means they spent some cash on the parts.. I hope you can find another one. I love the classic look of them. The only other Victory I would buy is one of the cross bikes. I have rode a hard ball and a cross country and they ride really nice, but don't have $20,000.00 for one. I will have about $3500.00 in mine when I am done, unless I install one of the newer freedom motors..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts