Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum,

So I've been tossing around the idea of ditching my sport bike for a cruiser type. I've currently narrowed it down to a Honda Fury or a Victory Vegas 8-ball. The problem is, the local Honda dealer won't let me test ride a Fury. They say no test rides for new bikes period. I then asked if they ever had any used Fury's come in and they said no... So I was like, ok I'm going to the Victory dealer then. The salesman said: "Ok, you'll love it. Those are great bikes" :confused:

Does anyone have any thoughts about comparisons between the two? I have a really short inseam (27.5") so I'm not even sure if I could ride the Fury with it's forward controls. I have no problem with my CBR600 because I can just one leg it at a stop. It looks like the Victory Vegas has adjustable controls and they are pushed BACK 2" compared to previous models which is a good sign.

I'm partial to Honda bikes since I absolutely love my CBR. It's been totally bulletproof and has never let me down. I've never owned an American bike before.

Here's how I see it:

Victory Pros: Bigger engine, larger support group, lower seat height, American made

Honda Pros: Shaft drive, legendary Honda reliability, water cooled, more unique styling

Any thoughts? I haven't scheduled a test ride at the Victory dealer yet but plan on doing that sometime next week.

·
Premium Member
977 Posts
Well,
As far as reliability, Victory has very few major problems. Victory mechanics spend most of their time hanging upgraded parts, and routine maintenance.
Honda should have a pretty big support group, not sure what you mean there.
Water cooled is nice.But most V-twins are air cooled. Fury is water cooled so that would be cooler in hot weather?
Shaft drive is nice,I had that on some of my older bikes. Belt is pretty tough though. I broke a belt at about $25,000 miles,but I think that is rare.
All the Victory dealers I have been to let you ride one any time. I have never had to schedule a test ride. I would not buy a motorcycle without test riding. I guess lots of people do, but that would suck to buy a bike and then ride a buddy's bike, and find out you bought the wrong one.
I love my Vic. Will probably buy another next year.Maybe a Vision.
God luck

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Hello Forum,

So I've been tossing around the idea of ditching my sport bike for a cruiser type. I've currently narrowed it down to a Honda Fury or a Victory Vegas 8-ball. The problem is, the local Honda dealer won't let me test ride a Fury. They say no test rides for new bikes period. I then asked if they ever had any used Fury's come in and they said no... So I was like, ok I'm going to the Victory dealer then. The salesman said: "Ok, you'll love it. Those are great bikes" :confused:

Does anyone have any thoughts about comparisons between the two? I have a really short inseam (27.5") so I'm not even sure if I could ride the Fury with it's forward controls. I have no problem with my CBR600 because I can just one leg it at a stop. It looks like the Victory Vegas has adjustable controls and they are pushed BACK 2" compared to previous models which is a good sign.

I'm partial to Honda bikes since I absolutely love my CBR. It's been totally bulletproof and has never let me down. I've never owned an American bike before.

Here's how I see it:

Victory Pros: Bigger engine, larger support group, lower seat height, American made

Honda Pros: Shaft drive, legendary Honda reliability, water cooled, more unique styling

Any thoughts?
I don't think Honda is much more *legendary* than anyone else:

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle_recalls/01/honda/index.html

I don't see why a heavy, power robbing, suspension jacking shaft would be preferable to a nice lightweight, long lasting belt.

Not sure what the benefit of watercooling is for a cruiser unless one is prone to riding in desert traffic jams.

Americans need your money worse than the Japanese right now. Go have a test ride and let them show you why they deserve it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts