Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, yep I'm a new guy. I currently ride a 2008 Victory Hammer Premium, but I've been contemplating buying something that's a bit more comfortable on longer rides. Originally, I was looking at a Harley Street Glide (put away the pitchforks), but after I saw the Magnum X1 Stealth Edition, I was hooked. I've reached out to my Victory dealership, and I'm looking to get one even more blacked out than they come. Admittedly, my knowledge on aftermarket parts is limited, but I'm hoping you folks could help me out. Attached, you'll see what I plan on having added out of the box. My two biggest additions would be ape hangers and exhaust. Is the factory "custom" stuff any good? Should I consider another direction? Thoughts are welcome!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
314 Posts
The factory custom goodies are great quality, but they come with a premium price IMO. I would go with Whitewall Choppers, RJC customs, Arlen Ness and Witchdoctors to customize your ride, if you choose to purchase the X1.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I would have gooey , sticky stuff in my pants if I had a new X1 .... Just sayin' .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Oh yea , welcome to the forum !

·
Registered
266 Posts
i would have gooey , sticky stuff in my pants if i had a new x1 .... Just sayin' .

TMI

Please tell me you are referring to the gum you were saving for later.

smh :|

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
TMI

Please tell me you are referring to the gum you were saving for later.

smh :|
I apologize , I try to be very thorough when giving out information , and sometimes may not give out enough .... There is NO gum involved .:grin TMI ? Prolly so ....:ltr:

·
13,003 Posts
do a lot of research on parts. There is a lot out there so don't be sorry later. Buy once. If you're going to work it all into price of bike make dealer give you a good discount. Maybe even free oil change for a year. Don't settle for a tee shirt get a jacket.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
do a lot of research on parts. There is a lot out there so don't be sorry later. Buy once.
I must concur , stay away from the Victory branded exhausts unless performance doesn't matter to you ....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I must concur , stay away from the Victory branded exhausts unless performance doesn't matter to you ....
I do plan on working it into the cost of the bike. One of my best friends (who's a Harley guy, ironically) has a family member who owns a dealership, so I'm getting a pretty smoking deal (read: at cost). What exhaust do you recommend?

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
996 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Love the new Stealth X1. I have the previous version and I love mine.

I upgraded to the tri-oval factory, stage-one exhausts and had them powder coated black. I love their sound. Not too loud, no popping, but roars when you get on 'em.

·
Premium Member
1,867 Posts
Another Tri Ovals vote here. You can certainly get louder and less expensive slip on mufflers for a Victory cross bike. But you cannot find a set of mufflers that will get you the high, wide and flat torque curve like the Tri Ovals. For a Victory cross bike, it's all about the torque.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts