Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new here, to the forum and to victorys in general. I just recently sold my motorcycle and now I'm looking for a new bike. I really like the look of the victory bikes. I found someone local to me selling a 2013 Vegas 8ball and I'll be looking at it this weekend. My concern for this bike is the large skinny front tire and the single brake. Reviews I've read say it doesnt have good stopping power. That concerns me.

Can any of you Vegas owners give me any feedback. What you like and dislike about this bike.

Ill be looking at a 2008 hammer this weekend as well.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
The brakes are adequate, rear is great and used properly in unison it stops, Lyndalls Gold pads help a lot. I own a souped up Vegas and a hopped up CrossCountry.
Vegas for 5 years and almost 100,000 trouble free miles, Ive progressively improved it over time.
Fatter Cross country wheel will fit, I ended up fitting a complete usd fork setup off a Kingpin.
Lots of Vic parts are interchangable between models.
BUY IT and ride it, improve it to suit you as you go.
and Welcome!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was also thinking about changing out parts to make the front end more to what I'm looking for. I know there's a few threads on some vegas projects around here. Just wasnt sure how feasible a project like that would be and also how costly since we live on a budget. I'll look around and see if I can find some Vegas project threads.

Any more info or feedback is definitely welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I have plenty, been modding mine the last 5 years..Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
My 2006 8 Ball doesn't stop great, but the back tire skids to easily, the front does most of the work, so not sure if the skinny tire is the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts