Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm currently the owner of a Yamaha Stratoliner and I'm looking to move to a Cross Country. I love the power of my current bike (113 cuid) but the back seat just isn't comfortable enough to my girlfriend on 200+ mile rides. I ride 5000-6000 miles per year and often ride to places far away making people ask "you're riding where on your motorcycle?". I live in New Jersey and have traveled a couple times to Florida, once to New Orleans and once into Canada along with other multi-day trips.
I like the look of the bike with no tour pack or backrest when I'm riding solo, or backrest when my gf comes along. I want a removable tour pack but I'd like to avoid the additional ~1800 pricetag from Victory. Does anyone have an aftermarket tour pack with pictures/price?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would recommend comparing the costs of going on up to the XCT. You get a lot of bang for the buck in extras which you can park in the garage until needed.

I came of a vtx1800 and miss that low end torque right off idle vs the 106 so I would imagine coming off the 113 would be pretty similar. So there are some adjustments in riding style necessary. But I personally found the package as a whole well worth that one trade off. And I understand a cam upgrade will alleviate most of that but haven't gone that far just yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Having ridden the 1900 roadliner and raider I'd say the difference would be mainly in where they make power compared to the Vic which is a higher revving setup. The pushrod Yamaha's being my favorite single pin twins other than Victory have a very harley-like low end grunt but on a whole other scale. The 106 Vic still holds it's own almost as powerful and equally so with some intake exhaust and maybe drop in cams. I imagine the cross bikes would be significantly more comfy as a tour bike though. If you test ride one that'd be a great comparison of two different excellent aluminum frame bikes. Do share.

Also.. One biggie for your long miles.. The six speed overdrive is putting along on my high-ball at 70mph in the mid 2k rpm area. That could be a big difference to you not knowing the ratio on your strat.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello all. I'm currently the owner of a Yamaha Stratoliner and I'm looking to move to a Cross Country. I love the power of my current bike (113 cuid) but the back seat just isn't comfortable enough to my girlfriend on 200+ mile rides.
If the seat is the main reason for wanting to switch bikes, I'd highly recommend you spend some money on a new seat first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello all. I'm currently the owner of a Yamaha Stratoliner and I'm looking to move to a Cross Country. I love the power of my current bike (113 cuid) but the back seat just isn't comfortable enough to my girlfriend on 200+ mile rides. I ride 5000-6000 miles per year and often ride to places far away making people ask "you're riding where on your motorcycle?". I live in New Jersey and have traveled a couple times to Florida, once to New Orleans and once into Canada along with other multi-day trips.
I like the look of the bike with no tour pack or backrest when I'm riding solo, or backrest when my gf comes along. I want a removable tour pack but I'd like to avoid the additional ~1800 pricetag from Victory. Does anyone have an aftermarket tour pack with pictures/price?
Well, there was a transmission/gear problem developing with the Strat so I wound up trading it in on an XC in Sunset Red.
I've decided against the tour pack and have ordered a Corbin tour seat. I have also added the stage 1 exhaust.
All in all, I love the new bike.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
I'm from nnj, i think my dealer in Suffern ny has a 2011 left over for 15k. I saw it on the their site. Locomotion powersports, can't go wrong with leftover pricing

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have the Victory lock-n-ride backrest with the Victory luggage rack...didn't pay a dime for it because the sales manager at my dealer forgot to total it into the sticker price on the bike before I bought it. But if memory serves (no guarantee) that setup'll run you about 7 bills...spendy, but it's a good-quality part and I get a significant amount of use out of the luggage rack.

not the best picture for just highlighting the backrest, but I apparently don't have one that does :ltr:

Also, I think you'll appreciate the fuel capacity, which is about 25% more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts