Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have just test driven my first Victory! What a rush!

Now, the style I am looking at is the Kingpin Tour model, and others like that. My question is mostly based on dependability of the Victory motorcycles as a brand. Better then some, worse that a few? What is a normal feature or breakdown or issue?

Any input is accepted.

The reason I ask, is the other makes I am considering it the Heritage Softail, Yamaha Stratoliner, Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad, Maybe a Honda VTX 1800. All are the same style of bike.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
173 Posts
well i have a 04 vegas and am just about to hit 50,000 miles. not one single problem. all i have done is the normal maintenence, oil changes, tires ect......
the mechanics i have talked to say they have never had to tear into a victory engine because something went wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2007 victory kingpin tour owner

I purchased a 2007 Kingpin Tour model in May 2008----previously had a Honda VTX1300----the Honda was a very reliable-dependable bike--but my Kinpin is something special! Took a 4,000 mile summer trip and bike performed flawlessly--just installed Bassani 2 into 1 pipes and digital tach/speedo--both awesome add ons-----love my bike!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased a 2007 Kingpin Tour model in May 2008----previously had a Honda VTX1300----the Honda was a very reliable-dependable bike--but my Kinpin is something special! Took a 4,000 mile summer trip and bike performed flawlessly--just installed Bassani 2 into 1 pipes and digital tach/speedo--both awesome add ons-----love my bike!!!

I currently own a 2007 VTX 1300R. I seriously considering the Kingpin.
How do they stack up? Comfort, power, etc...:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
The biggest differences between my Honda VTX1300C and Kingpin Tour----price (but I truly think it's worth it)--fit and finish and styling is much better on the KT--lots more torque and power--floorboards---it just feels much more comfortable when riding.
Again---my Honda VTX1300C was a very reliable-good bike-I took three major summer trips on it of 2500 to 4000 miles and it handled it easy---but---my Kinpin Tour is in a different class--no regrets on my purchase since I drove away from the dealership

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price does factor in my thought process.
I owe about 3000 on the X and will be paid off soon. With the economy crashing I'm a little hesitant about leaping in deep.
Love the looks and what I've read so far on the King.
The closest dealer from me is 2 hrs and I'd want to trade my bike. Trouble is its only in the 23-30's now.:(
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just FYI----I owed about the same on my Honda when I traded it in--Victory had 2.49% financing so my payment was almost exactly the same--I don't blame you about the economy--I would encourage you to drive one sometime if you can--I spent alot of time riding-sitting on and looking at other brands including Harleys--fit-feel and test ride made me choose the Victory

·
Registered
18 Posts
Now is a good time to by with the 5 year warrany. And dealer are probably desparate to sell the ones that have been lingering on the showroom floors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts