Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 XC 8 ball with 1700mi thinking about selling. Pipes amp and speakers. What should I ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
483 Posts
You better be ready to take a hit on it. I don't know if it's still available but there was a new XC 8Ball down here listed at the dealer for $13.

I would just keep it and ride it.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
It will be hard to sale, unless it's dirt cheap.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
I have a 2014 XC 8 ball with 1700mi thinking about selling. Pipes amp and speakers. What should I ask?

2014 with 1700 miles??

I know a couple guys trying to sell visions and have had zero response, nada, nothing trying to sell on their own. Take it to a dealer and sell consignment that's how I sold my Vegas, the dealer advertises it and can provide financing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2014 with 1700 miles??

I know a couple guys trying to sell visions and have had zero response, nada, nothing trying to sell on their own. Take it to a dealer and sell consignment that's how I sold my Vegas, the dealer advertises it and can provide financing.

Yeah dude I only ride to the gym or to do local errands for the most part. A lot of my buddies joke around like "does that thing even run".. etc lol.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My buddy has an 06 kingpin , low miles , hard bags , fairing , looks like a new bike . He cant give it away , been for sale for months ...:(

·
Registered
257 Posts
Why are you wanting to sell it?

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

·
Registered
483 Posts
My buddy has an 06 kingpin , low miles , hard bags , fairing , looks like a new bike . He cant give it away , been for sale for months ...:(
He can give it to me. I'd love to have a KP again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I never ride it. I think I may get a muscle car

Cool. Good luck!

Fort Worth, TX | 2010 Victory Cross Roads

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
You guys aren't making me feel good about trying to sell lol

Maybe the muscle car route will be better for you. Now just isn't a good time to sell a slightly used Victory Hard Ball. As has been posted, many dealers are blowing away brand new bikes at less than used prices less than a year ago. You 'can' sell it, just expect a very, very low number if you get anxious. How far is the gym and does the engine get up to full operating temperature? Hot enough to allow the water from condensation to evaporate out of your engine oil? If you have anything that looks at all like mayonnaise or a chocolate shake on the engine dipstick, by all means go for an extended ride to get the oil good and hot and then have the oil changed. A slightly used bike like you make yours sound like is, IMHO, far less desirable than one that's been ridden in a more 'normal' pattern.

Perhaps you may find the muscle car you desire on a dealer's lot somewhere. If so you could likely use the Victory as part of a trade. Some dealers, certainly not all, take a lot of things in on trade. But again, if it's out of their 'normal realm' of trade in products for what they do, expect less than wholesale for the trade.

In the end, get into something you enjoy doing. It doesn't sound like motorcycling was right for you at this time. No big deal, life is short, enjoy it with your family and friends as best you can.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
Hard facts are Victory is a dead brand and many people bailed and also many like yours are low to no miles so there's tons of Vics for sale. I've read story after story of Vics for sale without even a call. I see dealers now discounting new bikes to prices of what used ones sold for a couple years ago. I hate it but that's the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I know when I am looking at a used bike I usually try to avoid the ones with really low mileage, they worry me more than the high mileage ones. The dealer that vindex linked to is selling them for the same price my local dealer was back in February. If you can get a brand new 2016 model for $12k at a dealer then that would mean the same 2016 used is now worth probably half of that. It is sad but that is the reality. For that reason I will probably keep my 2011 XR even if I quit riding just for the hell of it.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Worthless if you don't ride em
Priceless when you do.

Think I'll go buy a Mustang,
red, white, or blue.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I see them selling in the 8K area even with low mileage. I may ask 9,500 and let them deal me down a bit. Never know until you list it. Also depends how fast you wanna get rid of it. Around here, some used car dealers actually take bike trades. May ask about that at the Mustang dealer.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts