Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been considering Victory for sometime and am getting close to taking the plunge. Currently own 2 bikes, a Honda NT700V and a Moto Guzzi Breva 750. The Guzzi is a great bike, quirky, fun to ride but to be honest I have come to love the reliability of the Honda. No drama, punch the starter button and go!!! What am I gong to get with a Victor?. I am considering a King Pin Tour or a V92TC.
Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I've been considering Victory for sometime and am getting close to taking the plunge. Currently own 2 bikes, a Honda NT700V and a Moto Guzzi Breva 750. The Guzzi is a great bike, quirky, fun to ride but to be honest I have come to love the reliability of the Honda. No drama, punch the starter button and go!!! What am I gong to get with a Victor?. I am considering a King Pin Tour or a V92TC.
Cheers, Tim
I had an 03 and a 04 TC. If I got another one. It would be an 05 or 06. King Pin or Vegas any year is good. Had a 03 Vegas, first year they came out. It was built proof.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
That would be a good choice.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have owned well over 50 different brands of bikes and I have to say Victory is in my top 3 favorite bikes out of them all. I think you will be happy. I find that where you buy will make a big difference as well, and if you do your own work on your bike or have it serviced. thumb upthumb

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Actually considering a 2006 TC, what is affectionately known as the "UPS" bike.
I had a friend who had an NT700V and we would work on it together. That thing had a ton of Tupperware that needed to removed to service anything and putting it back together would try the patience of a saint. Fortunately, the bike is gone. Unfortunately, that's because he's gone too. :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was originally looking for a Kingpin Tour but came across a 2006 Touring Cruiser. Other than styling any major differences/advantages that one has over the other?
Thanks, Tim

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a friend who had an NT700V and we would work on it together. That thing had a ton of Tupperware that needed to removed to service anything and putting it back together would try the patience of a saint. Fortunately, the bike is gone. Unfortunately, that's because he's gone too. :(
Love my NT700... tupperware is a bitch at times. Love my 2009 Vegas 8-BALL. As different as the two bikes are they have one thing in common their reliability is amazing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
pick a vic but stick with a newer current model

the v-92s and tcs are great, but hard to get parts for. if you are in a small accident, you will spend a lot of time looking for parts that no longer exist. The kingpin will be easier to get parts for. Even though it is discontinued, the vegas is almost the same and parts are available for current models. As far as reliability goes, all victorys, after 2003, are hard to beat. They are all great bikes. Fast, and bulletproof. Just change the oil and ride them.

·
12,970 Posts
V-92 can have bad transmissions and will cost you 5K to fix them.
The newer the better

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see that Kingpins have the "upside down fork sliders" vs the TC which has traditional fork legs. Any noticeable difference in handling?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kingpin has a sportier ride than tc. Tc better on long trips, I think.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats. Tc should have not been discontinued. Mine was a great bike. Vics answer to heritage soft tail. But more comfortable and faster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts