Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking to do some mods to my bike soon and I am looking at getting the ATS wheel, Fuel controller, intake etc but have emailed Lloydz twice over the last couple of weeks and have never heard back from him? Anyone else hear back from him or does he usually take a while to respond? I have heard from Dave in parts but I wanted Lloydz advice directly before ordering. Especially since the latest in Timing Wheel posts :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
There's nothing to fear about the ATW, There are some who are not meaning to sound neg. about it but you're reading a forum and sometimes it just sounds that way. If you're going to soup your bike up and you don't know what you're doing you will have problems with some of the stuff that's just the way it is.. Everything Lloydz puts out makes power plain and sample! If you get the stuff there's always someone here and around that will help you out.....there is nothing to fear but fear itself! Good luck!

·
13,172 Posts
You don't say where you live but try the Vic shop hes pretty Lloydz right hand when it comes to know what will work. Lloydz was at Bonville running his bike
http://thevicshop.com/

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh! That's good to know. I was getting worried that he wasn't going to respond. I'll sit tight then until he's back. Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I wold imagine his mail box stays pretty full but both times I emailed I heard back. If you heard from Dave your in there too. Will be up their next week and I'm lookin forward to bringing it all together at last.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Lloydz went from the AVR right to Bonneville for a couple of weeks to set some land speed records. Last I talked to him he had several hundred e-mails to sort through. Kyle and I usually answer his overflow questions. Just call any of us, easier that way.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Hi guys, looking to do some mods to my bike soon and I am looking at getting the ATS wheel, Fuel controller, intake etc but have emailed Lloydz twice over the last couple of weeks and have never heard back from him? Anyone else hear back from him or does he usually take a while to respond? I have heard from Dave in parts but I wanted Lloydz advice directly before ordering. Especially since the latest in Timing Wheel posts :)
What are you doing for a controller? I would suggest avoiding the vfc and go straight to a pcv.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm thinking the same thing. Just want to find out what intake and if I need to swap my pipes etc. Might even do cams and since I'm in the UK I need to be sure.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I thought. Not sure if a thor would suit a highball. Do you think the torque tubes suit it too or does the lloydz or s&s look better?

I will try and call lloydz soon but I'm in the UKso it makes it harder. I hope he did well worth his times. !

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Half, I see you constantly toting the Thor, You have my interest in this , is it really that good , and what do you think of it for my Hammer? I heard at one time the black coating they used wasn't that good. I get a lot of decel popping with my set up now, do 2 into 1 's help with popping at all? Thanks, don't want to hijack either, not too much anyway!:D

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Half, I see you constantly toting the Thor, You have my interest in this , is it really that good , and what do you think of it for my Hammer? I heard at one time the black coating they used wasn't that good. I get a lot of decel popping with my set up now, do 2 into 1 's help with popping at all? Thanks, don't want to hijack either, not too much anyway!:D
Well, after trying 4 exhaust systems, Vic Long Drags, Vic Shotguns, RPW Slash, Bassani Road Rage 2-1 and the Thor, I certainly wish I had bought the Thor FIRST. It makes great torque and horsepower, it fits tight to the bike (meaning it doesn't drag on the freaking ground in right turns), it's light, and it sounds great (quiet at idle and cruise, loud when you romp on it).

I can't speak for the black finish, as mine are chrome, but the chrome still looks new.

Decel popping is more a matter of tight exhaust gaskets and tuning than which pipes are installed. What are you tuning with? Do you have the adjustable IAV installed? Were new exhaust gaskets used when the pipes were installed? Have you re-torqued the exhaust flanges as the gaskets crushed down?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
PM sent as not to destroy this thread. :D

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Sorry Big T , I didn't want to shred your thread... But my bike pops and it sucks, Half C gave me a few PCV pointers that may help. I hope they will but cant check till after work!:crzy:

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Im keen to hear this too so dont worry!

By the way, Big T, I have the S&S intake , for the money, it is very well made , excellent quality, easy install. On a scale of 1-10 it is an 11 . Just some input for you.cheers

1 - 19 of 19 Posts