Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the "new" Contitour tire for the rear? I ran a Conti Milestone a year or so back and it did OK, I forget the mileage I changed it out at but fair guess would be 8k. It did well, but they stopped making them on the 180/65-16. So I went with a Shinko last time and I'm about 6k I think and getting close. So I have been reading some reviews on this new contitour. I try to stay away from the reviews on the manufactures sites for obvious reasons. So looking if anyone has mounted one up yet.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I thought you guys over there got huge mileage out of tyres...youre getting not much better than Aussie mileage:eek

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 8000 miles is what I have got out of any rear except a Michelin Commander 2. Hoping to get better than 8k out of the conti tour. Best price I have found on the conti so far is 198 usd, the MC 2 is 220 I think. Have not run the MC 2 on this bike and dunno if there may be clearance issues. The shinko did.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I ran METZ on the CCT i had and sold, only got 9000 km out of a rear tire, but hey that is 1000 more then i get on my Jackpot ....

So Avon, SHINKO, Bridstone, it really does not matter

If you are getting low milige out of your rear tire i would buy i bulk, 3 rear on 2 front
Or
2 rear on 1 front ...

Just do not but Dunflops

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
567 Posts
What is the load rating on the Conti-tour on your bike? I thought they were 74 rated (827lbs), which is less than what your bike weighs when dry with no rider. You might want to try sticking with a 80+ load rating for safety and possibly better mileage. Overloading a tire can cause premature wear and failure.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I've got over 20K miles out of Commander II's on both sets. I see nothing that even approaches that and I travel fully loaded two up for thousands of high speed miles.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I've got over 20K miles out of Commander II's on both sets. I see nothing that even approaches that and I travel fully loaded two up for thousands of high speed miles.
what are they like in rain but?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I haven't had any issues in the rain. If you're looking for a "rain" tire then you're not going to get high mileage.

·
Premium Member
8,801 Posts
I haven't had any issues in the rain. If you're looking for a "rain" tire then you're not going to get high mileage.
We dont get high mileage DownUnder anyways
our coarse road surfaces and lots of bends as well as being upside down shreds tyres in 8-10 rear and 11-16 front
Ill probably go with Shinkos they work well on the Vegas in 130/70/18 I have on front and 180 rear.
Its raining as I write this and Im tiptoe-ing around on E3's🙄

1 - 9 of 9 Posts