Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to tackle the install of my Dobeck fuel controller before the humidity gets too bad. Ended up sweating like a pig anyway. Starting the job I figured it would take about 2 hours. We all know how that goes as it took about 4. I figured I would remove the Air filter (S&S) to get access to the front injector. Pulled the cover and filter and started looking around to see what needed to be done to remove the base plate. Well this would have been a major operation. I decided to try to do it without removing the base and managed to do so. I started the installation at the front injector and worked back....mistake. Pulled the harness back off and did it the right way. After all the little set backs finally done. Since it was supper time I figured I would wait until morning to try the bike out, yea right.
Took her out and noticed right off the idle was staying at 1000 rpm and the surging that I complained about in a previous thread was totally gone. That was the main reason I got the controller. Now I did a few moderate to hard accelerations, an obvious difference. Haven't tried wot and the controller comes set for a stage 1 setup. I am more than happy with the way the bike is running as everything seems much smoother all around. Money well spent.:grin

·
Super Moderator
4,938 Posts
Surging is not good, the bike should run better all the way around.

·
12,968 Posts
Hope you cleaned the throttle body while you were there.

what setting do you have it at

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Went out today to fine tune the settings. All I can say is ...WHOA BABY! All that air from the S&S intake really needed some accompaniment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts