Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi need some tech. advice I bought a wrecked hammer off a freind I wanted to to sell the whole rear 250 tire swingarm setup and turn the bike into a kingpin I like the hammers but like the looks of the kingpin much better I already have to get a tank fenders seat etc.
So how hard would this be to convert over to a kingpin rear wheel and swing arm .
i figured i would put the hammer rear set up on ebay
thanks for any info

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dual disc, great forks, nimble handling, this would a be great touring bike. Suspension travel two up may be limited, but I would do it. Actually, this should be an option for the kingpin, as not all of us care for the "full fendered" look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I say keep the setup you have and get a custom rear fender made up. You could probably have someone stretch a stock KP fender. Now that would be cool but that's just my .02 What do you want for the 250 set-up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're going to need to go the used part route just from a cost standpoint. Between tank, fenders, seat, wheel, tire and swingarm my guess is that you could crack the 6000 mark on parts alone. Considering you can buy a nice used Kingpin for that or close to it, it doesn't make a lot of sense to do the conversion.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You'll also need a new drive pulley as the Hammer pulley is offset due to the wide rear.

I would tell you to keep the wide tire and have a fender made. It would be much cheaper.

If you are wanting a narrow ass for the handling aspect then I understand.

It will not be cheap though.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Trading is a great idea because most people want to convert to the wide tire. You will also need to cut the wide fender frame off and find a fender frame from a Vegas/KP and weld it up. This can also be done in trade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.