Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi need some tech. advice I bought a wrecked hammer off a freind I wanted to to sell the whole rear 250 tire swingarm setup and turn the bike into a kingpin I like the hammers but like the looks of the kingpin much better I already have to get a tank fenders seat etc.
So how hard would this be to convert over to a kingpin rear wheel and swing arm .
i figured i would put the hammer rear set up on ebay
thanks for any info

·
Registered
48 Posts
With a good amount of cash for parts, it could be done. I do have to ask why not part out the Hammer and use the cash to buy a used Kingpin?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dual disc, great forks, nimble handling, this would a be great touring bike. Suspension travel two up may be limited, but I would do it. Actually, this should be an option for the kingpin, as not all of us care for the "full fendered" look.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I say keep the setup you have and get a custom rear fender made up. You could probably have someone stretch a stock KP fender. Now that would be cool but that's just my .02 What do you want for the 250 set-up?

·
Registered
10 Posts
You're going to need to go the used part route just from a cost standpoint. Between tank, fenders, seat, wheel, tire and swingarm my guess is that you could crack the 6000 mark on parts alone. Considering you can buy a nice used Kingpin for that or close to it, it doesn't make a lot of sense to do the conversion.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
You'll also need a new drive pulley as the Hammer pulley is offset due to the wide rear.

I would tell you to keep the wide tire and have a fender made. It would be much cheaper.

If you are wanting a narrow ass for the handling aspect then I understand.

It will not be cheap though.

·
Registered
49 Posts
You could find some one who would swap you there swing arm and rear wheel drive pulley .. Also you can get the tank fenders and side cover as set on Ebay, with custom paint 1250+

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Trading is a great idea because most people want to convert to the wide tire. You will also need to cut the wide fender frame off and find a fender frame from a Vegas/KP and weld it up. This can also be done in trade.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.