Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I get home (deployed currently) I'm going to the dealership and getting one. I have my eye on the Judge, Hammer 8-ball, or the Vegas 8-ball. I want the option of going 2-up so that's why I'm leaning toward the Judge and Hammer. I currently have an 09 Harley Nightster, love the bike but seems to small for me already. I'm only 5'7" and 165 but it seems like it's small.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You wont regret it. On my last deployment i researched the Victory's a lot and ended up with a new Vegas 8-ball a month ago. I couldnt be happier and I had the passenger seat with backrest and pegs put on when i picked it up. I am around the same size as you and this bike fits me perfect.
Good luck and be safe over there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
When you say too small are you refering to the ergo's of the bike or the engine size? The hammer does well with two up riding in my opinion. The engine has plenty of torque and as long as well...umm, how do I say this, the person on the back is "fit" you can barely notice them back there. Also it doesn't seem like it detracts from handling and braking very much.

I like the look of the judge, but when I went to the dealer and saw it in person it seemed a bit small for my taste (I'm 6'1) but def a sharp looking bike. Make sure you take a look at that highball in person too. It's a eye catcher in person and can be mounted with a rear seat kit.cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can say with some confidence that it's not the size of the engine that would be considered too small. That 106 is one of the biggest displacements in a stock motor on the market. :)

I went with the Vegas 8-Ball about a month ago myself. Enjoy your new ride, you won't regret it regardless which one you choose.

BTW, thanks for serving guys. I was in the Navy deployed to the Gulf during Desert Shield and Desert Storm. Glad I did it, even happier it's over with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My wife and I combined are right aroud the 450 lb mark...we went 2up on a kp, there's STILL plenty of power, if anything's lacking it would be space. We fit better on a cross bike. If you and your other are in shape, you'll have room and power to spare.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I currently have an 09 Harley Nightster, love the bike but seems to small for me already. I'm only 5'7" and 165 but it seems like it's small.
Trust me, I have a 94xlh1200 (harley's pre-nightster) that judge has easily got the nightster beat on ergos. Photos NEVER do victorys justice. I can look at pics of vics all day and not want a single one. I don't know what it is but they just don't photograph well. For size comparo on judge, you need to think about harley's dyna line up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
What ship or command are you with? I just retired off the cvn 70 in feb.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AB Chief, I'm in the Army, with the 25th ID.
HammerTime, when I said it's too small I'm talking about the engine size. It has good power, but when I get on the highway with my riding group they all walk away from me. I would be happy if it had a 6th gear. When I get to 50-55 I search for a gear that's just not there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Going with either the 100ci or 106ci engine's on those models you will be happy with. I have put mine up against the yamaha 103ci and S&S 106ci motor and my smaller 100ci Vic motor walks away from them both. Your harley friends might not like you so much when they have trouble keeping up :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
I feel like I should also add that you hear alot of people flame on other bike models. What it really comes down to is buy the bike you want, not what everyone tells you that you should ride. Something that suits your riding, and your taste because everyone has a different take. Walk into a Vic dealer and see a highball sitting next to a Vision is a perfect example. I have different models in the past including Japanese bikes and I buy something for what it does, the quality, and how I plan to ride it and have never regretted any of them. I am happy with my Victory but that wouldn't stop me from buying a Ironhorse down the road or something else. cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The people I ride with are a good group and have a mix of brands of bikes and kinds. Not all are Harley or cruisers. I'm not in an MC but usually ride with CVMA or Legion Riders (American Legion)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for all that you do and give up for us. When you walk into the dealer and see the bikes you'll know whats right for you. It's a personal decision. I went looking for a CC back in 2010 and no one had them yet. Two dealers had the Identical Kingpins and I couldn't get away from them. Best bike for me ever!thumb up. I now want a CCT but don't want to get rid of the Kingpin. Stay safe, choose wisely and have fun.cheers

·
Registered
54 Posts
I test rode the Hammer and loved it but I feel like the Vegas is a better 2 UP bike for myself and my GF. I researched Victory for about a year before i pulled the trigger. The rest of my family is H-D except me. I like to put up Victory ads on my father's FB with Gunny in it. My dad is a retired marine and still believes real marines ride H-D :crzy:

I am active duty USAF myself. Quite a few military members here too!

·
Registered
263 Posts
AB Chief, I'm in the Army, with the 25th ID.
HammerTime, when I said it's too small I'm talking about the engine size. It has good power, but when I get on the highway with my riding group they all walk away from me. I would be happy if it had a 6th gear. When I get to 50-55 I search for a gear that's just not there.
That doesn't surprise me at all. As Harley's go the Sporties are really spicy and nimble in town, but they tend to rev pretty quickly and you find yourself wondering if it's gonna blow up at highway speeds. Personally, I like Sporties more than the twin cams, but more for playing than an all around general bike. I think you'll be well pleased with the any of the models you're talking about when you get up to 70 mph and the engine and tranny sound as if they aren't even breaking a sweat yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts