Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my bike serviced dealer drained the Ams 10/40 which had done about 1200 miles no problem with that I like clean oil and refilled with Vic oil and straight away I notice a marked increase in heat from the engine in traffic which says to me more friction going on in engine as this is where most engine heat comes from so I will run this oil for a 1000 miles to get some value from it then its back to Ams:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Is there a big difference in price vic to amsoil?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil

Is there a big difference in price vic to amsoil?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Motorcycle.com Free App
In the UK there is not much difference in price but the Ams importer often does sales on the oils he sells and when he offered a 20 per cent discount on anything I bought 20 quarts which should last me a couple of years even with my clean oil fetish:).

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
It has to be a mental problem. That much heat generated by friction due to inadequate lubrication would quickly render your engine scrap. JMHO

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has to be a mental problem. That much heat generated by friction due to inadequate lubrication would quickly render your engine scrap. JMHO
Just my personal findings I am sure the Vic oil is fine but its just noticeably cooler on Ams oil gear change is no different and no difference in noise levels but I do change my oil often so its always in good condition:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts