Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my pipes on, installed the o2 bypass, removed the rubber liner on the air filter. Also ordered a new windshield. Now I just need some sun so I can ride!
I also have a question:Is the victory performance Air filter worth it? I don't want to put the Loyd on because then I'd have to buy or pay the dealer for a fuel map.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The Vic high performance filter is on the left. OEM filter on the right. After seeing the high performance filter I opted to go to the next level for better filtration. Not a scientific analysis, but I see too much daylight against the sun with the high performance filter to suit me. I ran it for nine hundred miles before I did the Lloydz filter and Power Commander fuel controller.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
xxholdxx...nothing changed when I installed a Lloydz air filter, except getting a high quality filter vs a crappy Vic one. No need to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Victory performance filter is intended for the victory Stage one and recalibration card. I don't know but will you be leaning out your engine too much if you don't get it recalibrated?????? Or dyno tuned???? The filter also has to be oiled, I assume that catches more dirt.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
When I added the Lloydz filter, I had disconnected my O2 sensors, so it was already running a bit richer. Then I added a VFCIII - that improved things. But it was after I did a tune using a digital AFR gauge, the engine really came to life. The good part of that is I know exactly what AFRs I'm running under all conditions. Peace of mind baby.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I added the Lloydz filter, I had disconnected my O2 sensors, so it was already running a bit richer. Then I added a VFCIII - that improved things. But it was after I did a tune using a digital AFR gauge, the engine really came to life. The good part of that is I know exactly what AFRs I'm running under all conditions. Peace of mind baby.
What's a vfc lll and afraid lol.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
What's a vfc lll and afraid lol.
The VFCIII is Lloydz Dobeck type fuel controller that allows me to adjust the AFR in various modes. On Facebook's Victory Motorcycle buy & sells, there are some for sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts