Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I like the bagger bars as well. I called and tallked with them, the guy who answered the phone said they would be 2-3" closer. I have short arms, and find myself stretching just a bit, so this might be the ticket. Thx for the post.

ps, Bob are you the guy who bought some Ohlins for your Harley from a guy names Howard?

·
Registered
528 Posts
If they only made a set in 1 inch and black powder coated. I do not like the 1.25 inch bars. They do look good. Hard to get ram mounts to fit.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the bagger bars as well. I called and tallked with them, the guy who answered the phone said they would be 2-3" closer. I have short arms, and find myself stretching just a bit, so this might be the ticket. Thx for the post.

ps, Bob are you the guy who bought some Ohlins for your Harley from a guy names Howard?
Yep. That would be me. :D

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
399 for that air compressor!! :ltr: you can buy any portable 12v compressor from china mart or off of flebay for 5 bucks pull it apart and you have the exact same compressor add switch for a quarter, the hose and fittings and fuse all can be picked up from pingle for a few bucks... so for less then 20 bucks you can have the same air on command they are trying to get 399 for...

HMD has some cool new XC parts. I'm liking the bagger bars and the skid plate personally.

http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC-PARTS-32

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
399 for that air compressor!! :ltr: you can buy any portable 12v compressor from china mart or off of flebay for 5 bucks pull it apart and you have the exact same compressor add switch for a quarter, the hose and fittings and fuse all can be picked up from pingle for a few bucks... so for less then 20 bucks you can have the same air on command they are trying to get 399 for...
Sounds like you have an opportunity to make some money. But remember; you will need insurance, a license to sell, a shop to work in, an accountant, permits, inspections, a business plan/model, advertising, your time, and risk everything to make your venture work.

Do you still think you can sell them for $20 and warranty them? Remember; you might be selling 100 a week or more. Figure working 16-18 hours a day and probably weekends. Almost for sure; Saturday.

Just one question Sir. Have you ever had your own successful business?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I suspect you may be right, but you forgot the $$ it would take to either 1) pay someone to go get the parts and install them, or 2) pay for the tools and the classes so I could do it myself:confused:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thank you, I was waiting on them to come in but they had the black in stock. Shipping them today
This is cool

9secondsflat 399 for that air compressor!! you can buy any portable 12v compressor from china mart or off of flebay for 5 bucks pull it apart and you have the exact same compressor add switch for a quarter, the hose and fittings and fuse all can be picked up from pingle for a few bucks... so for less then 20 bucks you can have the same air on command they are trying to get 399 for...
There is no doubt you could beat the $399 price by a long shot by doing it yourself but I also doubt you could do it for $20 and be reliable through time.

dd

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had air shocks on both bikes and cars. My understanding was not to use air lines in garages. The reason being that the momentary peak pressure can sometimes damage the seals. You may only be going from 27psi to 40psi but you are exposing the shock to pressures that maybe as high as 200psi. For this reason I always used a hand pump. What is the peak pressure in these small pumps?

Just me being carefull.

tom

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like you have an opportunity to make some money. But remember; you will need insurance, a license to sell, a shop to work in, an accountant, permits, inspections, a business plan/model, advertising, your time, and risk everything to make your venture work.

Do you still think you can sell them for $20 and warranty them? Remember; you might be selling 100 a week or more. Figure working 16-18 hours a day and probably weekends. Almost for sure; Saturday.

Just one question Sir. Have you ever had your own successful business?
I had full response typed and my computer shut down so I lost the entire message.

The kit above can be sourced for less then 20 bucks.
the compressor is found on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AIR-COMPRESSOR-MINI-250-PSI-12-VOLT-NEW-AUTO-PUMP-/140491788194?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b5f68fa2

if one spends sometime you can source the manufacturer in hong kong and buy direct for even a greater savings.

the house line,ferrules and t fitting can be found for about 2 -3bucks...a quick google search yields thousands of sellers

how much is a fuse and holder?? maybe a buck if that?? how about a few feet of copper wire?? you have that in a junk box in the basement right now if you look.

the cost to build this kit is well under 20 bucks

as for a warranty, said company offers none..for that matter they use a yahoo email address for contact

most small businesses are not registered with the secretary of state, dont have a license, dont use a tin

but say you wanted to be "legal"
incorporate- done online for 99 bucks
register to get a tin- free, five minutes through the irs
file with your home state- corporations division make certain the name is not being used otherwise you need a dba, pay their fee - cost varies my home state was 150.00

the down side to doing all this is now "legally" your required to file quarterly estimates...99% of home based llc, corporations dont do this..for that matter 99% of small businesses you see driving up and down the street dont do this either...

you dont need insurance for this type of product being sold (e&o? liablility??)since you dont have employees, who is someone going to sue??? your company for what?? the pump failed after 2-3 years??? all this crap from hong kong is designed to fail after X amount of cycles...its a fact of life....

as for did I have a small business before???

It started in May of 02 with one person me...it grew to 300 employees (full/part time) and had peak revenues of 12 million and a net of 3 million. when the banking/lending/real estate sh1t hit the fan..with in 3 months back in 08 everything came apart...I closed the company down May 17, 08 and have been looking for another idea (this isnt it, I just wanted to show how you can make the same part for a fraction of the price)

so let me toss this out...anyone have an idea for a product/service/idea and interested in seeing if it is viable to go to the next level?? shoot me a pm
I have money to bankroll and experience....

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well; you've made a good case for it that's for sure 9SF.

One day I may tell you about my invention called "The Bartender Bra" with air bladders and pumps on the side to pump the twins up and out with nipple size control too. Guaranteed to increase a female bartenders tips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts