Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LegendaryFind.com has been around a while and is more well known for its finding of cool old cars of different flavors from Antiques to Muscle Cars. This link may have been at the top of the site for a while now; if so I'm just now noticing it.

I think folks like MBX who is into the older bikes of all kinds of brands will especially get a kick out of looking around there. The site is constantly being updated so if you don't find what you're looking for today; it might be there tomorrow. Imagine finding a pristine bike of the kind you road as a kid or young adult and the memories it would bring when you rode it.

Just a heads up... The other categories are fun too if you're a motor head.

Motorcycles Archives - LegendaryFind Photos

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Took a peek. That place is a danger to my finances. Thanks anyway. :)

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took a peek. That place is a danger to my finances. Thanks anyway. :)
Will power friend; the words of the day are "will power". The will power to say maaaaybeeee. :D

·
12,984 Posts
I really like the Honda CBX. The kid did away with the stock exhaust such a shame. He does have a Mexican tittle

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,736 Posts
Same 90cc engine

Attachments

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
If I had more dollars than sense, I'd go after a couple of those, but - any of the ones that I was interested in are long gone already.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I had more dollars than sense, I'd go after a couple of those, but - any of the ones that I was interested in are long gone already.
I hear ya. You can set up a notification on ebay to let you know if a certain bike is listed and of course keeping an eye on Craigs List can win some fantastic deals.

If the bike has been on CL for a month or two then it's a good bet they will take much less than their asking price if you're otherwise okay with the condition of the bike.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
A guy I train with offered me his 08 Suzuki SV650 with many performance mods, including front and rear Progressive suspension. The bike has a mere 7k miles for $3000.....I am so f**king tempted to grab it. The other part of me really doesn't want to support another bike and I have no real use for the thing...

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might find yourself surprised to really enjoy riding multiple bikes. I find it keeps the experience fresh in a way for both bikes and it also keeps the mileage down on both of them. Insurance doesn't have to be full-collision on the second bike. It can be the basics plus comprehensive since it's so cheap so if it gets stolen or damaged while parked it's still covered.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
I am so f**king tempted to grab it. The other part of me really doesn't want to support another bike and I have no real use for the thing...
PaiN, repeat this ten times: There is a huge difference between want and need. I have had multiple bikes for many decades and because my XR is such a versatile and unintimidating bike, I am down to just one and enjoying the economy of that.
However, if you do choose to grab that bargain (and I can't fault you if can easily afford it) like Vindex1963, you'll be extending the life of your Victory.
Re insurance: If you live in an area where there are long periods that you can't ride, suspend (don't delete) the liability and collision while its in hibernation. Retaining the comprehensive keeps the policy in effect and protects the bike in the event of damage. Comp should be on ANY vehicle, even one under construction or simply being stored. I have known of customizers who had a fire and the vehicles inside were a loss due to no comp. The insurance on the building does not cover contained vehicles.

·
Premium Member
13,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
What's the parts and service support for that MVA? :)

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
PaiN, repeat this ten times: There is a huge difference between want and need. I have had multiple bikes for many decades and because my XR is such a versatile and unintimidating bike, I am down to just one and enjoying the economy of that.
However, if you do choose to grab that bargain (and I can't fault you if can easily afford it) like Vindex1963, you'll be extending the life of your Victory.
Re insurance: If you live in an area where there are long periods that you can't ride, suspend (don't delete) the liability and collision while its in hibernation. Retaining the comprehensive keeps the policy in effect and protects the bike in the event of damage. Comp should be on ANY vehicle, even one under construction or simply being stored. I have known of customizers who had a fire and the vehicles inside were a loss due to no comp. The insurance on the building does not cover contained vehicles.
I'm in New England and do take my bike "off the road" for winter. Generally 3.5 to 4 months and I do take collision ins. off during that time....I get about an $80 refund back from my ins. co....not bad for a few minutes on the phone :)
As for the SV650....the sense-able part of me will probably win out :(

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Good on you PaiN, too many have more dollars than sense.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts