Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2103 cct. I want to add bluetooth so I bought a CoolStream Duo to plug into the 30 pin connector. The device turns on fine until its plugged in to the bike. Then it shuts off. I pulled the harness and checked for continuity... No issues there. I was sent a 2nd one... Same issue. Any ideas? The 30 pin connector says Ntouch on the case. Not sure if thats OEM or not. I've tried it with the ignition on but not started, bike running, and accessory only. Same results no matter what.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have a 2103 cct. I want to add bluetooth so I bought a CoolStream Duo to plug into the 30 pin connector. The device turns on fine until its plugged in to the bike. Then it shuts off. I pulled the harness and checked for continuity... No issues there. I was sent a 2nd one... Same issue. Any ideas? The 30 pin connector says Ntouch on the case. Not sure if thats OEM or not. I've tried it with the ignition on but not started, bike running, and accessory only. Same results no matter what.
I'm not sure what the issue could be with that but when I was looking to use the blue tooth and my phone for tunes...I had read some bad reviews about that one and i bought this one and works excellent.... good luck with that one ...

Rob

Smof 30pin Bluetooth Adapter 4.1 A2DP Audio Music Receiver for Bose Sounddock and 30 Pin iPhone iPod Docking Station, Not Compatible with Any Vehicles: Amazon.ca: Electronics

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought one (CoolStream Duo) and never could get it to work with either my phone, or a MP3 player.
Ended up buying a used iPod Classic with 160 Gig memory in like new condition for a very good price and it all works perfectly

Dusty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I have to give CoolStream props... they were very easy to work with. I ended up sending both back for a refund. I have an old usb bluetooth so I just purchased a 30 pin female to 3.5mm aux that can plug into the usb bluetooth. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Installing HeliBars starting today too, so at least I didn't waste the effort of tearing down the front fairing.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,567 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I have to give CoolStream props... they were very easy to work with. I ended up sending both back for a refund. I have an old usb bluetooth so I just purchased a 30 pin female to 3.5mm aux that can plug into the usb bluetooth. I'll give that a shot and see what happens. Installing HeliBars starting today too, so at least I didn't waste the effort of tearing down the front fairing.
Weird that those did not work. I don't recall the one I have but it was $15. More of a backup option if my primary music source fails.

Basic aux input you'll only have volume control.

I went with a used iPod after fooling with other options. Early generation iPod only lasted one season. I think hard drive failed with all the vibrations on our bad roads here. Bought nano that uses flash memory no issues at all.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did you ever check under the seat to make sure your connections are not loose? Also, you don't really want the CoolStream Duo. You want the BMW one. The CoolStream CarPro for BMW because it will register as IPOD on the dash and you can use your Audio buttons to change the music tracks.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I impulse bought a Coolstream Duo for my XC and it works.. but I didn't know there was a BETTER (but more expensive) version that would enable the handlebar controls to work. It's not a HUGE deal for me... I clip my phone to the handlebar and I can change the song or whatever if I really HAVE To.. but generally I use my own playlist and I like all the music on it.. so meh.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,567 Posts
Did you ever check under the seat to make sure your connections are not loose? Also, you don't really want the CoolStream Duo. You want the BMW one. The CoolStream CarPro for BMW because it will register as IPOD on the dash and you can use your Audio buttons to change the music tracks.
$15 generic one let's me control tracks on my Android. Didn't know there was something special about that. ?‍♂

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a coolstream duo which I use for XM radio my 15 xc. I have the problem with connectivity here and there. Alot of times it will connect no problems. Then sometimes it connects and disconnects instantly. I found I sometimes cycle my Bluetooth on my phone it solves the problems. Once or twice I had to turn the phone off and back on. But Everytime eventually I get it going.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts