Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on a different thread that someone was sporting the Corbin Beetle bags on a KP (meant for the Indian Chief). Anyone know how those are mounted? Special bracket? Standard Victory bracket? I called Corbin directly, but they were a big vague as they said that they weren't designed to mount to the Kingpin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=6239&highlight=Hardbags

Here is the link. The replies on this thread indicate that these bags were made for Indian. I didn't realize that they also made for KP at some point. I recently picked up an 04 KP and the bags came with but they weren't mounted nor did they give me a bracket of any sort.

·
Premium Member
13,322 Posts
Interesting. Everyone calls the KP Fleetliner bags the Beetle bags. Not sure how that got started.

I imagine the brackets that work for KP bags can be made to work with just about any bags. If you wanted to use the quick release brackets you might want to add some backing plates so the bags would not stress crack and break.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Are you referring to the bags in the photo from diamondrmp? I never did find out what Buffalo Chip used on theirs, thought I'm assuming they're Tsukayu. KevinXs were the Corbin Fleetliners.

·
13,048 Posts
Tech Info Installation is simple using hardware and brackets that are included with the saddlebags. No cutting or other stock component modification is required. Complete instructions included.

Tech Info Corbin saddlebags do not work with passenger floorboards installed, only footpegs as shown above.

Tech Info When loading heavy items into the bags, be sure to place them in carefully. "Throwing" heavy items like disc locks into the bags can create cracks or stress marks in the paint on the outside.

Leather Note Corbin saddles (with very few exceptions) include Genuine Leather Seating to provide a luxurious look and feel.... don't let anybody tell you that vinyl is just as good! You wouldn't buy vinyl boots would you?

Heater Note WARNING: Heater elements (when available) should never be installed in motorcycle seats that will be used by riders that cannot sense heat. This could create a hazardous condition.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you referring to the bags in the photo from diamondrmp? I never did find out what Buffalo Chip used on theirs, thought I'm assuming they're Tsukayu. KevinXs were the Corbin Fleetliners.
I was referring to those bags in the photo. Someone later in the thread mentioned that they were Beetle bags for the Indian. Which can still be found here :

http://corbin.com/indian/2004chief_bags.shtml

I was hoping to use these bags that came with the bike when I bought it, but it's looking like that won't be the case as I can't seem to figure out how they were mounted, especially with the pipes in the way. They're a bit small anyway, so I'll probably just put on something bigger that is meant for the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts