Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering an upgrade to a Corbin seat for my '99 V92C. The price is a bit high without ever having tried one. Is the comfort upgrade worth the price?

My hope would to get an extra hour or so in the seat before the groans of discomfort start.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Seats are personal. If you can try one out.
We have one and it is very good. We like a firm seat, and done right firm is great. The only complaint is I wish it carried the width out farther. I ride a tour bike and like to be in the saddle for some time.
It does go well with the lines and compliment the looks, and a couple hours at a time is plenty enough to be in the saddle without a break anyway.

Now the not so good. Corbin was a mess to deal with. There were some problems with the initial seat (they didn't listen to very much I told them I was looking for), but the rebuild was pretty good after I finally got it back. Good thing, they weren't getting it again. I don't know what happened to them or if I just got "lucky". It seems they are doing something though, gone from an "F" BBB rating to a "D". I would have moved farther down the alphabet if it were possible. I hope who ever built the good reputation for the company has renewed their interest and things are better.

Sorry, not a lot of help but like I said seats are personal.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I, for one, will never buy a Corbin seat again after a miserable experience I had with them. Without going into the gory details, in the end, I had to take it to a local seat customizer to make a decent saddle out of it, so it cost me twice what it should. If you have a customizer in your area, I strongly advise you to go to him for a perfectly tailored fit to your butt. Anything else is a crapshoot that it will fit right. I don't buy into those saddle makers who think they can make you comfy by looking at a photo you send them. What about the part that's against the inside of your thighs? Even if you have to make an overnight trip to a customizer, it will be worth it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I will offer a dissenting opinion, although be advised that I just installed my Corbin very recently and have only had time for a few moderate rides on it.

That said, I had no problems with ordering or customer service. The order did take a full month to fulfill, although they told me that from the onset (I placed my order during the Hollister cycle rally weekend).

When I first sat on the seat, I was shocked at how hard it is. (I understand Corbins have a long break in period). On the several rides since, I've had no issues at all and I'm quite happy with it in terms of looks, build quality and comfort.

The stock Gunner seat, which I think was designed by the devil in order to cause tailbone pain :rolleyes:, was difficult for me. That problem has been alleviated by the Corbin.

Would I order the same product again, in hindsight? Probably.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts