Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious if anyone has any experience with either of these.

-For the Fleetliners, I'm curious as to their useability. Says 35L total (not bad), but curious if it's pretty much usable and if you can fit a half helmet in them. Have a lead on some damaged ones.

-For the RPWs, mostly curious as to noise levels. This bike will be for my wife. She likes some bark, but does not want them to be really loud.

·
13,177 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Its a shame you don't tell us what your asking about you don't even post a photo or a web site.
We can't help if you don't give us more information.
http://www.baggersmag.com/tech/0803_hrbp_harley_davidson_sportster_accessories/photo_06.html
If someone has them on the Kingpin (hence, posting specifically in the Kingpin section of the forum), they'll already know what I'm referring to, smart guy. cheers I already got the info on the Fleetliners from you on the TCVR...but hoping to hear a bit about the PRW duals. But, I've hotlinked them now in the original post.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I want to switch to a Kingpin rear fender just so I can run these pipes. Bad Azz!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I think it'd be a cool setup for true duals on a kingpin though my tastes in bags would be from experience. On my last bike I ran the iron max style of ironbags. In my opinion they were the finest leather bags I've ever seen on any bike. And they were huuuge so you could really cram them full. And Max, who designed and builds the bags out of 14 oz leather, states he builds these to haul anything you need without a silly 15lb limit. He hauls tools in them regularly. The hardware is super strong and top notch also.

Heck of a great company to deal with. So if I ever do bags on my high-ball, Ironbags is THE only company I'll consider. They're a great small company that builds the very best they can. Worth the premium.. They'd look awesome on a kingpin and duals I think.

They've got several sizes and styles.. I'm sure one would look great on a kingpin. I've imagined it when the kingpin was my choice among Victory bikes.

My two cents.. Add $1 and that'll buy you a cup of coffee. :)

Last bike with Ironbags.. I miss the bags. The bike.. Not so much. LOL!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have the rpw true duals on my 05 pin and i love them. they bark nicely. i tried to upload a pic from my pc and not having much luck w that. have to research that some day.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
The thing about the Fleetliners is they have the cut out for the stock exhaust on the right side. One person on the other forum posted his work of filling in that side so both bags were the same shape. He said it was a PITA due to the material the bags are made from. It can be done. How good are you with fiberglass???

I stuck with the stock exhaust, but customized the baffle to get the sound and performance I wanted.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts