Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone with the corbin seat on a vision. I'm 6'6'' and would like to know how it fits over stock or if i would need to have one made. the stock seat position is fine but too low. ????

·
Registered
784 Posts
Corbin makes seats from the ground up so to speak. They make their seat pans, and go from there. Call them. Ask for Mike. They can be stressing to deal with, so be forewarned.
If you want your pan used I'd recommend Russell, well I would anyway. The trouble with Russell is you have to send them your seat for the pan. Either can make the seat pretty much how you want it for height and reach.
Look into Diamond/Hartco and see if they are making anyhting for them yet.

Happy Shopping

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I have a Corbin seat and smuggler trunk in production and it should be shipped in two weeks. I am 6'01" and don't have a problem with the stock seat. I will chime in when it comes to let you know and will compare seat heights with a tape measure.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you close to a Corbin factory...they have a ride-in service that is awesome. It takes all day but they install the raw seat your bike, you ride it around have them shape it and test ride until your happy...then they finish it and you ride home on a new seat. It's the best way to get a perfect fit...the replacement seat needed the tabs adjusted to fit my Vegas 8 Ball just right.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Corbin seat and smuggler trunk update. I have a seat and smuggler trunk on order since 7/31 from Corbin and was told 6 weeks it would take to make and ship out Its been 7 going on 8 weeks and nothing in yet. My Dealer called and was told they are having a fitment issue and have to change their tooling to have them fit correct. Corbin added two more weeks so we are to wait 10 weeks so far. New design and I guess I am happy they are taking the steps in producing the assembly where it deserves the Corbin name. Oh well sheet happens.....

·
Registered
103 Posts
Firetruck - Did you look into the "Ultimate" seat. Not sure if they make one for the vision but they are one of the most comfortable seats that I have sat on

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
seat

no i have not. like the looks if the corbin better. I think corbin is the only seat for the vision. i think.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Corbin seat update

Just want yall to know today marks the 10th week that I have had a seat and smuggler assembly on order from Corbin. No calls or status was done by them to my dealer to let us know WTF is going on. My dealer parts person called Friday and got no where's with them. I paid over $900.00 bucks for the two and have gotten lousy customer service. Beware if thinking of buying from Corbin you may be in for a long ride and just spinning your wheels...

·
Registered
367 Posts
I dealt with Corbin on my last bike. They sent me the wrong seat a gunfighter instead of the tour and then wouldn't believe me when I told them. Some other guy got my seat. Just awful customer service, I would not buy from them again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
corbin seat with the worthless trunk on Vision

I sat on a Vision at our local dealer here in Concord. I was not impressed with the corbin seat. It's hard, the stock seat is a 100 times better. It looks cool, but the seat threw me several inches forward so much so I'd really have problems being comfortable shifting and braking. The little truck is nothing more than a place to put your gloves. The damn thing is expensive too. I'd definitively rethink a purchase until I sat on one and fell in love with it. Cheers. John.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just want yall to know today marks the 10th week that I have had a seat and smuggler assembly on order from Corbin. No calls or status was done by them to my dealer to let us know WTF is going on. My dealer parts person called Friday and got no where's with them. I paid over $900.00 bucks for the two and have gotten lousy customer service. Beware if thinking of buying from Corbin you may be in for a long ride and just spinning your wheels...
Might want to look at Bill Mayer saddles. They can custom make a saddle to your rear for a little less than that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
After going through the ride-in service program at Corbin...I wouldn't buy a Corbin seat off the rack. If your in Concord and looking for a new seat use Corbin's ride-in service for the same cost as ordering it from stock. Corbin's original stock seat had me positioned to far forward which they adjusted for me after my test ride. The great thing about the service is you can have the seat customized for you before finishing it with the leather and stitching of your choice. I have about 9000 miles on my new seat and did a 460 mile day in the saddle...no problem. After formed for you, covered and installed the seat may seem stiff/ hard to someone else but breaks in great. So, bottom line buy the bike with the stock seat if you don't like the seat use the ride-in service at Corbin and have it shaped to fit you.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
12 weeks later its arrived and installed

It was a very LONG wait for this item and patience was wearing thin but alas it arrived. Install was a breeze. Its all one piece from seat to trunk. Two bolts up front and two in the very rear inside the trunk bottom floor. Fit is fantastic and paint finish supreme. Seat is firm but from what I read will soften up as it gets used. Seat height is the same as stock one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
It was a very LONG wait for this item and patience was wearing thin but alas it arrived. Install was a breeze. Its all one piece from seat to trunk. Two bolts up front and two in the very rear inside the trunk bottom floor. Fit is fantastic and paint finish supreme. Seat is firm but from what I read will soften up as it gets used. Seat height is the same as stock one.
Seat will never soften. I've owned several. You don't want it soft. Firm allows one's seat bones up to keep a flabby ass from pooling blood and falling asleep.

I've read a lot of bellyaching about Corbin, both service and quality. I agree their customer service people suck, but it probably helps keep prices low.

As to the quality of the seat, if you're a rider, then I bet you'll find it fantastic. For those on poorly suspended bikes who do short trips, the firmness will likely displease them. For a bike as well suspended as a Vic tourer and a rider who is doing distance, I think you'll find it fab.

Personally, I run an Air Hawk on my Vic seat mainly to sit me up a little higher and it works great. But I'm also running a Corbin on my FJR and I can ride it just as far.

The other nice thing about my Corbins was that after I owned them for many years and tens of thousands of miles, they still looked new and I sold them for at least half of what I paid for them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I hope you like your new seat...it will take 1000 miles or so before the seats broke-in. The seat with truck looks awesome! Very impressive!

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is cool !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts