Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This virus may effect were I'll be riding to this spring. We have no way to know how long this will go on. It could be several months. I just canceled a 3 day trip to New Mexico. There are confirmed cases in almost all states with nothing in at least 400 miles of me. I figure that the virus is in all states, just nothing confirmed yet.

·
Registered
12,273 Posts
I'm avoiding groups of people both large and small and no shaking hands. Also, I do not use a pen that others have used, I carry my own.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I plan on riding up to Custer SD this June with 35 other riders. We have no plan to cancel. I know I'm safe because I bought 50 cases of toilet paper!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I was planning a long ride this summer from ON to sequoia national park... and I have health issues, far far to many cigarettes...8( so not sure now...and I agree with Ricz no shaking hands, small groups only...I had tickets to see a folk singer up here sunday night Valdy...very small venue.. 125 seats...only 65 seats sold...safe number...they just sent me a cancellation email...refund or get a ticket when they reschedule....

I think if they don't do some of these drastic measures, that we ain't seen nothing yet....lets' hope we all get it contained....

Good Luck All be safe!

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
A little pain now might prevent the bigger pain of wide spread contagion later on.

While death is the worst thing that can happen; there is concern developing over permanent lung damage of up to 30% for those who get hit the worst but survive. Kids under 18 don't seem to be getting the symptoms although they may carry and pass it on to others.

It looks like it's a mistake to confuse this with a bad case of the seasonal flu although there are some similarities.

If China can be believed then after two months they are coming out of it and starting to get back to normal life.

As the old saying goes; hope for the best but plan for the worst. Stock up on essentials and food. I imagine water and natural gas will still flow through the pipes and the power will still stay on. They say the Internet might get bogged down due to lots more people working from home.

At the first hint of any cold, flu, or this woohoo virus; taking zinc, vitamin C, NAC, with plenty of water can help the body fight back.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Walmart had no toilet paper, no paper towels, half the groceries gone. Lot of people pushing multiple shopping carts overflowing with stuff. I walked in got what I came for and back out in under 10 minutes. No apocalypse here just people being crazy.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Same stupid crap going on over my way too. Funny thing is that I know the majority of these people hoarding groceries and supplies can not stay at home for too long, they just can't do it. They will get bored and want to get out of the house after a week. In my part of the country more than half the population do not work because they are either too lazy and on "the check" or they are retired, etc and can easily stay home but they won't.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
We took the week to go to beach. Nice and warm (and not too crowded) here in Miami.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
We took the week to go to beach. Nice and warm (and not too crowded) here in Miami.
During the 1918 Influenza pandemic (Spanish Flu) they used layers of gauze and reusable cloth masks. It worked. They also discovered that taking the sick patients outside made them get better faster than their indoor patients. Later in 1920 it was discovered the sunlight promoted the making of vitamin D by the body which helps fight lung infections which is the big issue with all these viruses. They can turn into pneumonia which is what actually kills them; not the virus. Thus ends today's trivia lesson. :)

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where I live everything is normal. Stores are fully stocked and there has been no rush on any store to stock up on supplies. No closures of any businesses that I know of. Universities and schools are open. High school sports are going on normally. No panic here at this time, but that could change if we have a confirmed case of the coronavirus here I guess. This area is a major medical area with a medical school, 2 large hospitals and several smaller hospitals with every medical specialty you can imagine. They are starting a veterinary school here at one of the Universities.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with the chart. It may need to be more extreme in some areas than others.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where I live everything is normal. Stores are fully stocked and there has been no rush on any store to stock up on supplies. No closures of any businesses that I know of. Universities and schools are open. High school sports are going on normally. No panic here at this time, but that could change if we have a confirmed case of the coronavirus here I guess. This area is a major medical area with a medical school, 2 large hospitals and several smaller hospitals with every medical specialty you can imagine. They are starting a veterinary school here at one of the Universities.
I have to take back the comment on no runs on stores for supplies. I found out yesterday that some Wal-Marts ran out of toilet paper and another store had to put a limit of 2 multi roll packages of toilet paper. So I guess that the panic has hit here. Damn guys this sucks, reminds me of the polio scare in the early 60's and it was pretty bad. I new several people that were crippled up for life because of polio. Everything on the TV says stay at home and away from other people on national TV. Don't no about local.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Still nice at the beach.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I was afraid this would happen. I expect we will see this nation wide.
Ohio and Illinois too along with other states. Not here in Indiana yet but I think it might be coming. Government doesn't want me to be dating. 🤣

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I was in line with about 20 people outside of Kroger this morning at 7AM opening. Like Black Friday. All I needed was toilet paper my mom down to last roll hasn't been able to find any. Got the one and only Charmin pack on the shelf. Rest was generic.

Split the package I think we can ride out the shortage now.

It's a bit silly everyone buying it up at same time you know they didn't all run out.

Food I sort of understand the run on that. They closed all schools 4 weeks and talk of possibly closing longer than that. So stocking up to feed hungry kids does make at least a little more sense than the TP.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
I have to take back the comment on no runs on stores for supplies. I found out yesterday that some Wal-Marts ran out of toilet paper and another store had to put a limit of 2 multi roll packages of toilet paper. So I guess that the panic has hit here. Damn guys this sucks, reminds me of the polio scare in the early 60's and it was pretty bad. I new several people that were crippled up for life because of polio. Everything on the TV says stay at home and away from other people on national TV. Don't no about local.
Not to worry NAB; Walmart has a special load coming to restock your TP.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Still nice at the beach.
Well; the 1918 Spanish Flu had positive treatment results by putting the patients outside so they could get more sun. At the time they didn't know it prompted the body to make vitamin D which helps fight lung infections.

The sunburn is another story altogether. :D :D

1 - 20 of 155 Posts