Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 160 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon. We needed bread and I wanted to pick up something for supper. I walked through the store. There was no toilet paper, paper towels, napkins or tissues. Disinfectants were almost gone. Meat freezers almost empty and dried beans gone. Canned items were way down, bottled water almost gone and they were refilling the bagged ice freezers. I talked to several people around my age. No of them could believe how people where acting. Most believed it was media hype and political. The store had all the cash registers manned and there was a line at everyone. I personally think people are going a little overboard here. I have no idea how bad the virus will hit the United States, but we got a handle on it early. Now if we would have been the first ones hit with the virus. It would be a whole different story. Only time will tell and we will have to set it out to see. Still no cases of the coronavirus with in 350 to 400 miles from us.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
None in my county too but I somehow doubt it will stay that way because we are at a major crossroad between Phoenix and Las Vegas and I-40 going East to West. Someone infected traveling is bound to stop, fill up with gas, touch, something, then a local touches it and spreads it around. Anyone traveling is at risk for the same reason.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
We have 3 major highways running through here and 2 of those highways are major high ways 2 combined coming through. So basically we have travelers and transport vehicles coming in from 10 directions.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Everyone is in Panic and Fear mode here far as I can tell (except me) Started with toilet rolls dissapearing from the shelves then tissues , sanitiser, rubber gloves, now foods are in short supply.
The worlds gone Nutz!...I rode my Vegas down the coast to Brunswick Heads for callamari and chips and the seaside holiday town was almost like a ghost town, people staying home with all their horded food and toilet paper!

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A couple of years ago I got the flue. I haven't been that sick in 35 years. The doctor wanted to put me in the hospital, but it was full. This was the University Medical Center a very large hospital. The other major hospital that is 2 hospitals that have combined was also full. It was that way pretty much all over the United states. So it's not like our medical systems haven't been to capacity in passed virus out breaks. I lived LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Everyone is in Panic and Fear mode here far as I can tell (except me) Started with toilet rolls dissapearing from the shelves then tissues , sanitiser, rubber gloves, now foods are in short supply.
The worlds gone Nutz!...I rode my Vegas down the coast to Brunswick Heads for callamari and chips and the seaside holiday town was almost like a ghost town, people staying home with all their horded food and toilet paper!
Damn, calamari and chips sounds good.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
Damn, calamari and chips sounds good.
Mate it is! the Starfish fish n chip shop has the BEST callamari n' chips you ever tasted and for $14.50 there was more than enough for two people!.....no one else in the shop!...very unusual

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Mate it is! the Starfish fish n chip shop has the BEST callamari n' chips you ever tasted and for $14.50 there was more than enough for two people!.....no one else in the shop!...very unusual
You can't get good calamari here. The best I ever had was in a Greek Café in Germany. That sounds like a good deal at the Starfish.

·
Premium Member
8,858 Posts
You can't get good calamari here. The best I ever had was in a Greek Café in Germany. That sounds like a good deal at the Starfish.
oh it is mate, come over and try it yourself some time!
I wouldnt eat calamari anywhere else.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Another good Florida beach day....

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Registered
584 Posts
You can't get good calamari here...
You just need to go to the right places. I can take you to some Italian restaurants where the calamari melts in your mouth. Squisita!

·
Registered
584 Posts
As for the subject at hand, typical and expected panic buying/hoarding mentality. May be different products but same type of thing happens prior to forecasted storms (hurricane/snow). Thing I don't understand is with the well publicized symptoms of COVID-19 not including a case of the 'runs', why toilet paper? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
As for the subject at hand, typical and expected panic buying/hoarding mentality. May be different products but same type of thing happens prior to forecasted storms (hurricane/snow). Thing I don't understand is with the well publicized symptoms of COVID-19 not including a case of the 'runs', why toilet paper? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
It's crazy how many businesses shut down completely or went to skeleton crews. Schools all closed.
Traffic is so light with everyone home that's the only good thing.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Have you noticed the anti-vaxers are REALLY quiet right now?
You just need to go to the right places. I can take you to some Italian restaurants where the calamari melts in your mouth. Squisita!
I meant it the town I live close to. There are many places in the U.S.A. you can

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
It's crazy how many businesses shut down completely or went to skeleton crews. Schools all closed.
Traffic is so light with everyone home that's the only good thing.
I went back to the grocery store yesterday and there was less things than the day before. I picked up a few things but there wasn't much to get. The store was packed and traffic was pretty normal. They did release that we had a case of the virus in our county and the county west of us yesterday. There have been no closures yet in my town. In Waco, Texas they closed down all bars and restaurants.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
This would be a great time to go wheeling with my new-to-me Jeep Wrangler but it's raining today and tomorrow. :(

One nice thing about going out wheelin' with a group of off roaders or ridin' with other bikers is you can still keep a "social distance" while actively riding and wheelin'. Stops are tricky but manageable.

There's so much conflicting information about this damn virus that I don't really know what's true anymore. This tiny invisible enemy or the reaction to it has brought this country to a near standstill.

Anyone else getting that feeling?

Still no cases in my county.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
This would be a great time to go wheeling with my new-to-me Jeep Wrangler but it's raining today and tomorrow. :(

One nice thing about going out wheelin' with a group of off roaders or ridin' with other bikers is you can still keep a "social distance" while actively riding and wheelin'. Stops are tricky but manageable.

There's so much conflicting information about this damn virus that I don't really know what's true anymore. This tiny invisible enemy or the reaction to it has brought this country to a near standstill.

Anyone else getting that feeling?

Still no cases in my county.
Yes I am getting that feeling, because it is.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
We have enough food to get by at least a month. In the store they still have plenty of fresh baked bread, but it starts molding pretty fast. I'm sure in a week or so the hoarders will slow way down. Hell they don't need to go to the store. They have everything stocked piled. I think this hoarding faze of this ordeal will be over with soon.

21 - 40 of 160 Posts