Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

381 - 400 of 451 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,409 Posts
Like I said before; I wouldn't be surprised if several of us who post on this forum have had it without knowing. "They" are saying it was released into the wild back in mid-October so it's very possible many had and got over it thinking it was just allergies, the seasonal flu, or even the common head cold in late 2019 early 2020.

Can you give us any info on the lady who died like age group and/or underlying health conditions?

You've been mighty quiet lately DP. Are you able to keep racking up the miles on your trusty steed?

I'd like to hear from our Connecticut Vic riders sometime too. I figured they'd be back when the weather warmed up but so far ... crickets. Is broggy still a mod checking the board?
She was around 63, lifelong smoker recovering from a heart attack. Got the CORVID about 2 months after.
I'm still riding but a bit less than before I retired. Too busy now. The bike has 146,000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
She was around 63, lifelong smoker recovering from a heart attack. Got the CORVID about 2 months after.
I'm still riding but a bit less than before I retired. Too busy now. The bike has 146,000 miles on it.
Sadly our life choices can make a big difference when faced with multiple challenges.

I was reading about a guy on FB who had a 2011 with 210,000 on his XR and going strong. He did very little to it over the years. I like reading stories like his and yours. I asked him about what all he's done to it and this is what he said.

I ride 130 miles a day round trip. Just change the oil every 5000 miles. Tires, plugs when she starts getting a little rough running. I drive I 4 which is under construction, so I had to replace the rear shock, and putting so many miles on it the wire to the fuel pump rubbed the frame, simple fix and rerouted it. Other than that broke the nipple on the fuel pump rebuilt it using brass fittings and no more problems. Wouldn't trade my baby for anything else.

On another note; I know what you mean about being retired because sometimes I wonder how I got everything done when I was working if I'm so busy when I have all the time available. I figure I just used my time more wisely and had more energy to do more between sleep cycles. More available money while working meant I was able to pay someone else to do certain things too while I worked on something else so two things got done at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #383
People are really getting angry because they can't go back to work. Law suits and protest all over the U.S.A. Many people are defying the government and opening up their businesses anyway. This years election are going to be Red.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #384

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #385

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #386
Life goes on and mine is not a whole lot deferent than it was before the coronavirus came to be. I don't have people come over anymore. They would if I said come on over the Cantina is open. I will at the end of June, but I want to see how it goes with the reopening of the businesses. It's been 14 days now and we haven't had any kind of a spike. New cases are low a lot of days 1 to 3 new cases, yesterday there was 2. I am getting a lot of stuff done around the house. Did some mowing yesterday and cut a bunch of dead limbs out of the hedge. Going to rake all the leaves out from under it today. Need to go and get beer tomorrow even though I have plenty. I always go and buy some every week, just routine I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #387

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
I find it better to link directly to the video rather than go through Fox or whatever site.

Like this:

This is a good one to watch!

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
How do you link directly.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
How do you link directly.
In this case I copied the title of the video then pasted it into the search bar on the YouTube site. The first result was the same video. It takes a bit more effort to do it this way but you end up with a cleaner post.

Since Fox News started putting up that annoying popup banner about using an adblocker I try not to use it for anything more than reading and skimming the news. Most videos they publish are on YouTube. Java Scripts are where the real damage comes from though and my 'NoScript' browser add-on stops most of that. Websites use it for harvesting info from your cookies cache then sell that info to others and/or use that info to target stories or products their algorithm thinks you would like.

I just don't like them getting info from me that I didn't give them permission to get. It's none of their damn business IMHO. I understand why they do it, google is the worst which is why I use startpage.com instead, but all the big websites do it now.

It's basically a cat and mouse game and we are the mice.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
From what I read, all the states that started their economies back up 2 weeks ago are doing well. The number of cases are going down with NO spikes. We started backup here 2 weeks ago and every thing is going well. This lockdown was to keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed. The only state that had a problem was a couple in New York, New York. I do think schools should reopen this fall.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
From what I read, all the states that started their economies back up 2 weeks ago are doing well. The number of cases are going down with NO spikes. We started backup here 2 weeks ago and every thing is going well. This lockdown was to keep our hospitals from being overwhelmed. The only state that had a problem was a couple in New York, New York. I do think schools should reopen this fall.
I agree. Eight weeks ago we, as a nation, could plead ignorance but we no longer have that reason/excuse with what we now know.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Interesting read:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
TN still doing fine. 2 weeks in and our new cases are the same as they were during the "lockdown" (where most still didn't stay home), about 300 a day. My county has 160K people with a major interstate going through it and we have 3 active cases.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,559 Posts
7995 confirmed cases, 795 deaths.
Still climbing.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #398

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Monday we go to 50% occupancy in Texas state wide. I guess for the counties already at 50% will go to 75%. I don't know if they are letting bars open or not.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Here's hoping for you all that the opening doesn't open a new round ..... good luck and be safe!!!

Rob

381 - 400 of 451 Posts