Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

401 - 420 of 452 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Here's hoping for you all that the opening doesn't open a new round ..... good luck and be safe!!!

Rob
There has been no case spiking in any state here that has started reopening of commerce in their state. Cases are declining and people have to go back to work.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,560 Posts
We have remained steady in Indiana but they haven't really opened yet. Indianapolis-Marion county is still a hot spot along with a few other counties.
Mayor here is allowing restaurants with outdoor seating to operate 50% capacity next Friday.
No dine in until June 1.
Really screws over local business because all the surrounding counties have restaurants open 50% capacity (many are exceeding this without penalty yet).

So I can take me a ride next week and find a place to eat assuming it's half full I can dine in. Slowly getting back to normal.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Distancing is fine but be aware that these little buggers are spread through the air. Indoor ventilation contributes through regular air movement. It's not like they all die when they get six feet away from you. People are going to continue to get sick.

And a Colorado's doctors quote that states "may or may not have been" gets changed by Fox News into a reduced number of deaths by a politician wearing a non-surgical mask made by a home made bath products company out of donated material from souvenir tshirts and promotional products is now the expert. Too funny. You just can't write this stuff.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Funny how many ads you get online for every company on the planet throwing their logo on a "mask."

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #406

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #407

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
We got our stimulus check yesterday. It went directly to the bank and will be used to stimulate the economy.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
We had no new cases of the coronavirus here yesterday. The first time since March the 23rd. 2 counties north of us got hit real hard a couple of days ago. They have several large meat packing plants and they went in and tested all the employs. There was over 700 cases in 2 counties nearly all from the packing plants. That was the highest one day case count in Texas. They had not been testing as aggressively as they should have been. They asked the CDC to come in and help them and that's when they had such high results. The counties are over a hundred miles north of us.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
My wife and I went out shopping for new cushions for her patio furniture yesterday. People everywhere, restaurants all had people in them. A couple where boarded up and signs gone, I guess they went under. I'm not ready to go into a restaurant yet. We went to 50% occupancy in businesses today. 500 dollars for the cushions and 2 outdoor patio carpets. I glad the stuff was on sale. Everyone was buying cushions, I guess everyone is spending more time at home and on the patio.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
We had no new cases of the coronavirus here yesterday. The first time since March the 23rd. 2 counties north of us got hit real hard a couple of days ago. They have several large meat packing plants and they went in and tested all the employs. There was over 700 cases in 2 counties nearly all from the packing plants. That was the highest one day case count in Texas. They had not been testing as aggressively as they should have been. They asked the CDC to come in and help them and that's when they had such high results. The counties are over a hundred miles north of us.
I guess the moral of the story is to make sure all meats are cooked to the proper temp which kills all viruses and germs.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
I guess the moral of the story is to make sure all meats are cooked to the proper temp which kills all viruses and germs.
From what I have seen and read the virus doesn't live long in refrigeration or being froze. I had a big ol rib eye for breakfast medium rare.

·
Registered
968 Posts
The people on lines in the meat packing plants work shoulder to shoulder. That's how it gets spread so fast. The ventilation in a room also creates breezes which can be the same a breathing on someone. Confined spaces like airplanes and cruise ships are going to be a serious problem for as long as this bug stays active. I too will be avoiding the old restaurants and pubs we hit on a couple of time a week. I've had a virus like this before and it's just not worth the risk.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
From what I have seen and read the virus doesn't live long in refrigeration or being froze. I had a big ol rib eye for breakfast medium rare.
I thought a virus was an inactive non living organism. I'm surprised cold or freezing would destroy it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
You can't catch it from eating. It will get destroyed when it hits stomach acid just like many other things do. Just make sure you drinking plenty of fluids to wash it down.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
Here's a doozy! The assumption that the virus was still contagious while the person who might have it is asymptomatic now turns out to be pure bullchit. They also based this assumption on one person taking one flight then others on the flight got sick. Well; she felt sick at the time so she wasn't asymptomatic. They didn't even talk to this person at the time. You can't make this stuff up folks. We have been scammed big time.

Of course the guy who has been wrong about, well, everything (Fauci) still 'thinks' it's contagious while asymptomatic. All these assumptions and zero science or proof.

Looks friends, live your life, forget about this stupid virus unless you happen to be in that tiny group that's high risk for pretty much any cold, flu, or wuflu. It was largely a scam as suspected and they did it to hurt Trump and America. Now who are "they". Well, I can't say for sure but a good bet would be the commie leftist dems in bed with the Chicom's. They've been working against America from day one of this BS thing that was blown way out of proportion. I wouldn't be surprised if Iran was also involved and of course the men behind the curtain; soros and his son 'obama the corrupt'. I hope America wakes up and votes every single vile dem out of office then sends them out of town on a rail (after being properly tarred and feathered) to never come back. Let them go to Wuhan and suck on the wet markets for the rest of their lives.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
OK more has came out with the high coronavirus case numbers that came out in the North Texas Panhandle. That number was virus and virus antibody test combined. So it was not just active cases. Every place they start running virus antibody test there is a lot of people that have them. I really doughty the accuracy of all these test they have come up with.

401 - 420 of 452 Posts