Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

421 - 440 of 451 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
OK more has came out with the high coronavirus case numbers that came out in the North Texas Panhandle. That number was virus and virus antibody test combined. So it was not just active cases. Every place they start running virus antibody test there is a lot of people that have them. I really doughty the accuracy of all these test they have come up with.
I don't believe anything that comes from the so-called experts anymore. Like the main stream media/CNN/MSdnc; I have lost all confidence in anything they say isn't skewed or laden with leftist bias. They work for the DNC as their propaganda wing so why would anyone believe them? They call us conspiracy theorists while they are involved in a conspiracy to mislead the public. Can't make this stuff up folks.

PS: It's spelled "doubt" not "doughty". Spell check hurts us as much as help us sometimes.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #422

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #423

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #424

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Will a second wave of the coronavirus happen? No one really knows, it could. I have my doubts and the left wing is taking away our rights. The one world order is trying to take over.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
Trump: Pelosi is sick...

I agree. Mentally damaged and morally destroyed.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
Maybe there's hope for Canada yet. Trudeau is very bad news but the people can override him along with all the other corrupt dirt bags working with him. Go Canada! I'm pulling for you to not go over that edge into communism under a despot.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #430

·
Registered
966 Posts
Going by the stories on here some of your locations have been tied up a little tighter than we've been but as of Tuesday there's been some relaxation of the restrictions. I've been working through all this and kept busy but now we see others opening up. Sit down restaurants, bars, barbers, some stores, etc can open with some tight guidelines. Even many of those are chosing to stay closed for awhile to see if we get hit again. No sense opening if they get shut down shortly afterwards. We might but I don't think that will happen until the office towers start ramping up packing everyone into confined spaces or in the fall when people start heading in doors for a majority of the time.

Anyway, as thinks try to get back to normal remember this stuff is still out there and look after yourselves.

·
Premium Member
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
As of today all business are open here. Bars is the last thing and they open today. We are at 50% occupancy. We have had no spike in virus cases. We had 10 new cases Thursday in the county. That was the first time in 3 weeks we had a double digit case number. Yesterday we had 6 new cases and today who knows. Very few people are wearing mask and I have got to were I don't. There are lines to get into some business but you still get in within ten minutes. I'm going to go buy 5 cedar 4x4x8 fence post today at Lowes. Being Saturday I wonder how long it will take to get in. I think I'll hit there about lunch when everyone is hitting the restaurants.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,559 Posts
Lowe's was psycho crazy yesterday. Home Depot not as bad for some reason.
I think I was only one in both stores without a mask.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
We are about 90-95% back to normal here. I guess we will see how things are in a week or two. If it's still trending down then we will soon get to 100% normal. Not a new normal; just normal with some people still wearing masks. That's fine. To each their own. I know the robbers and thieves are loving this mask wearing thing. They don't stand out now just before they rob a bank or break into a business or home.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
We are about 90-95% back to normal here. I guess we will see how things are in a week or two. If it's still trending down then we will soon get to 100% normal. Not a new normal; just normal with some people still wearing masks. That's fine. To each their own. I know the robbers and thieves are loving this mask wearing thing. They don't stand out now just before they rob a bank or break into a business or home.

Didn't you hear? All crime is down because the criminals don't want to catch COVID-19. 🤣

·
Registered
966 Posts
Taken from reddit...

Am a doctor and this is how the most severe cases of COVID goes:
Patient has low oxygen levels in an emergency room. Start a little oxygen tube in their nose. They do better for a few hours, then levels continue to go down. Then you put on a loose facemask of oxygen. Again, better for a few more hours, but then as oxygen levels decline, you need to put on CPAP or BIPAP which forcefully pushes oxygen into the lungs. That can keep oxygen levels okay until, whaddyaknow, oxygen levels keep decreasing.
At that point, you have the maximum oxygen going in, and the patient's oxygen level is still too low, so you have to put in a breathing tube and put patient on a ventilator to push oxygen in at levels that would not be tolerated due to discomfort.
Then you keep increasing that oxygen level and pressure, eventually giving medicine to paralyze the patient because their muscles are trying to fight the ventilator. All-the-while, the patient is being flipped over by a big team of nurses every 8 hours to keep fluid from setting to the bottom of their lungs. Meanwhile, you are giving the other anti-inflammatory medications, and eventually despite doing everything in your power, the patient's oxygen levels continue to drop. At that point, there is just nothing in your power you can do, as the lung damage is just too severe, and despite a machine breathing for them at maximum settings, their brain is being damaged because it is just not enough.
If you were to not escalate the care at any time earlier in this pathway, you would just get earlier brain damage - not escalating to the next breathing treatment would likely kill a patient quickly
Source: Took care of many patients in the COVID ICU. It was horrible to see, despite doing everything medically indicated, many of our patients died. Such a sad situation, very difficult for everyone. Continue to wear your facemasks please.

·
Premium Member
13,607 Posts
Taken from reddit...

Am a doctor and this is how the most severe cases of COVID goes:
Patient has low oxygen levels in an emergency room. Start a little oxygen tube in their nose. They do better for a few hours, then levels continue to go down. Then you put on a loose facemask of oxygen. Again, better for a few more hours, but then as oxygen levels decline, you need to put on CPAP or BIPAP which forcefully pushes oxygen into the lungs. That can keep oxygen levels okay until, whaddyaknow, oxygen levels keep decreasing.
At that point, you have the maximum oxygen going in, and the patient's oxygen level is still too low, so you have to put in a breathing tube and put patient on a ventilator to push oxygen in at levels that would not be tolerated due to discomfort.
Then you keep increasing that oxygen level and pressure, eventually giving medicine to paralyze the patient because their muscles are trying to fight the ventilator. All-the-while, the patient is being flipped over by a big team of nurses every 8 hours to keep fluid from setting to the bottom of their lungs. Meanwhile, you are giving the other anti-inflammatory medications, and eventually despite doing everything in your power, the patient's oxygen levels continue to drop. At that point, there is just nothing in your power you can do, as the lung damage is just too severe, and despite a machine breathing for them at maximum settings, their brain is being damaged because it is just not enough.
If you were to not escalate the care at any time earlier in this pathway, you would just get earlier brain damage - not escalating to the next breathing treatment would likely kill a patient quickly
Source: Took care of many patients in the COVID ICU. It was horrible to see, despite doing everything medically indicated, many of our patients died. Such a sad situation, very difficult for everyone. Continue to wear your facemasks please.
That's called "fear mongering" and I think the world has had quite enough of that.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I've heard the same from a nurse friend though. So I don't think it's quite fear mongering at it is telling how it goes. Many can eventually recover but not everyone will that ends up hospitalized.

421 - 440 of 451 Posts