Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

541 - 549 of 549 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I was in the local hospital last for an imaging test so I asked a nurse if has been busy or slow there. He said it has been real slow for months but is now starting to pick back up with elective surgeries and other things like what I was doing there.

Don't believe anything from the media without solid verification. They may not be lying although some like CNN always lie but who they are getting their info from might be and probably is lying.

It's sad we can't trust the media at all anymore. They burned that bridge with white gas. Ironic pun intended.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Anyway you look at it, it sucks. It ain't going away anytime soon and there are all kinds of stuff that they are doing and not doing. I don't think any of these experts really have any idea of what to do to handle this virus. Hot weather hasn't effected it like they thought it might. The last 2 days here the cases have been one third of what they were a few days ago. So maybe it's starting to level off and the numbers will keep coming down. I read so many conflicting news stories that I have no idea what's true and what's bull.
Your BS detector is working just fine but your told you should take this stuff seriously which is where the confusion is coming from.

Last I read it takes a while from the time you get the virus till you need hospitalization if you are unlucky enough to need it at all. So today at the hospital reflects what happened 1-1/2 to 2 weeks ago as far the virus working it's way through society.
The news media's main job is to stay solvent by frightening it's viewers into clicking or watching it's ads. Nothing happening, no money flowing their way.
Since everyone else is giving misinformation such as Governors etc why shouldn't they? Which is more important to the CEO of a news company, you knowing that they don't really know or him continuing to be CEO?

Same as elected officials prime motivation is corporate and union money and voter good will that will lead to re- election.
Either motivation makes truth an incidental actor rather than the focus of what they say.

Most people have a BS detector. Some more than others. Now is a good time to start listening to it and question everything your told by people who's first priority might not be in line with yours.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Walk into a hospital there and tell us if there lying....

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Andre
In a few months the most powerful man on the planet will be selected in an election here. The guy who is in power now wasn't supposed to get the job and has fuzed things up for those who paid their dues and want a return on their investments. They have non stop worked to make sure that mistake isn't repeated pre Covid.
Covid will be part of the focus of the election. Truth is in very short supply. B.S. is not. Bring hip boots if you come. Maybe a snorkel and a mask in the case it gets any deeper. :)

·
Registered
779 Posts
My friends I"m 67 years old....if i have learned one thing in my short time on this planet...is that a politician...and I don't care if they're dem, rep, usa, can liberal, conservative, ndp...they are all liars and can and will lie to you with a straight face to reach their goals....

that my friends is as certain as DEATH and TAXES.....

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
I've known it's BS all along, but stay out of your political arguments.

Reactions: Joe_ and theja1

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
To be fair, I know a woman who got it after recovering from a heart attack and died, my niece's daughter had it and recovered but was pretty sick. My wife's sister and husband's church had one of the first breakouts in the US. 10 deaths and over 100 infected.
All that considered, I still believe what we see now is pure bullshit.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
, I still believe what we see now is pure bullshit.
I feel the same way. Because it is bullshit.

Hospitals that have been bleeding money during the shutdown due to no elective care or surgeries are trying get some of those federal dollars that congress is handing out to help with their shutdown induced losses. The way they are having to do it is creating great numbers for the press to use to increase their readership and ad revenue by further scaring an already frightened population. The truth becomes the victim.
DR. RP explaines it very well. But you summed it up nicely with the term bs. This article is worth the read.
Then watch this starting about 12 minutes.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,668 Posts
Hospital ER makes a ton of money by idiots going there instead of a clinic for a scratch. Now no one is going. Losing $3-4k per head hurts hospitals financially. Yet most will say they are not run for profit.

Here in Indy they require facemasks anytime you are not alone. At work. At all stores and restaurants. Even outside. If you are in public you have to wear a mask. This starts on July 9th thanks to our mayor. Not an election year for him so he doesn't care what people think.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #549
starting at 12 noon yesterday in Texas you have to wear a mask in all public places.

541 - 549 of 549 Posts