Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

561 - 580 of 623 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
These are questions that everyone is asking, but we get no answers. A couple of friends stopped by yesterday and we talked this over. Discussed different articles we had read and shows we had watched. Everyone is contradicting each other. No one knows the truth and opinions are like A-Holes everyone has one. Someday the numbers will start dropping and life will eventually go back to the way it was. Just like the bubonic plague in the 1300's, the Spanish flu in the early 1900's and the polio scare in the 1960. What makes the coronavirus so scary is it has become very political and the truth very twisted.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #562

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
We had over 100 new cases for 5 days then dropped to 32 new cases yesterday and 2 more deaths. Since these test can show false negatives and false positives it hard to know how many cases we are really having.
Anyone who has ever had a cold can have a false positive. Not saying they will but they can. The test is flawed.

The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The big question is why. In most countries this is a non issue. On paper it targeted western and/or advanced countries mostly. Is it a test run or did someone screw up a flu vaccine or something else entirely. We may never know but I hope we do and soon.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Not to downplay the problem, but I suspect there is a lot of this going on.
I agree.
Lot of connected companies making a lot of money off this. They don't want it to end.

Bezo's Amazon and his newspaper the Washington post have never had it better. Probably never will. He doesn't want this dance to ever end.

What happens if there is no need for a vaccine? That is a huge problem for vaccine makers.

If it is over already or a seasonal thing, why did the governments friends just receive the largest bailouts in history and why did the corner bar go under?

It's a good example of the danger of abandoning free markets for our style of government picks the winner economics where economic decisions are made by political players to their benefit.

Needless to say the truth will be in short supply for quite a while.

Ever watched the movie series "Atlas Shrugged" on Prime video? Or read the book? Good way to spend part of your lockdown.
Ol Ayn Rand got at least part of the future right. :)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Also think of how nice it is if you are a large corporation to have the government bankrupt your smaller less politically connected competitors.

It's been done before in the forest industry in 1992. Part of a deal for donations to Clintons presidential campaign from big timber to the Clintons. When he won he shut the national forests down for 6 months to"study" them. All the small private mills went bust because only the big guys had their own private forest land, with the forest shut down they couldn't meet their contracts and folded. 2 years later there were only the big four forest products corporations left.

Not like this is something new. It's scaled up this time is all.
Follow the$$

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
Big upswing in cases over weekend but deaths are staying lower. Only 5 new deaths.

Bad things happened here that I'm sure also happened elsewhere. Some nursing homes lost half their population to COVID-19. Feel bad for the families.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
With false positives and the people that can actually have the virus but with only minor symptoms I really haven't been paying much attention to the test numbers. It's all media sensationalism. They're not that important in the big scheme of things when those infected get over it with minor inconveniences. It happens every year.

I look at the serious numbers. How many are in the hospital. How many are dying. Those numbers you can't argue with. Yeah some say there were underlying causes but so what, they still died because of the virus. We're all going to die with an underlying cause of age so it's not relative outside of misguided arguments. To argue nothing helps so we might as well just continue as normal is nonsensical and dangerous to others. As for how dangerous it is - the amount of exposure is of course going to effect the severity just like any other bug whether it be a virus or bacteria. The more you get the stronger it's going to be.

Giving up without a fight and poking the tiger. Idiotic or brainwashed? Scientology, antifa, Jim Jones and the other extremist groups love puppets like that. You watch the imbeciles that were presenting arguments to the Palm Beach Council and have to shake your head. These cretins are allowed to vote, go out in public, and have kids.

The Walmart of the intellect.

PS. I've mentioned before that the media takes a huge blame on the confusion and hysteria. The medical and scientific communities need to get their $hit together too and quit adding to the gibberish. Remember when basic science mean investigate, test, repeatable and reproducible, final answer? Who are these people now-a-days when so many "positions" come from the same tests? Their status is never going to recover from this and nor should it.

My 2¢

PPS. Cases here are some of the lowest on the planet for a group of 800,000. One case in the last month and a half. People are practicing the suggested guidelines and will do so as long as it seems to be working. Biggest problem right now is tourists who don't think they need to do anything. They come here because the numbers a low and cheat the system.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
9% of ICU beds in state for COVID-19, 50% for non-COVID-19. It's not bad here.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
That's also what I read about Texas. ICU's are full. We all saw the media and people made a big deal out of it. The thing is the media conveniently left out the numbers given included only 27% of the capacity was for covid. The 70% was the usual business. Too bad there's no central authority to demand accountability and truth.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Too bad there's no central authority to demand accountability and truth.
Careful what you ask for. Listening to and obeying a central authority that purports to represent accountability and truth is what got us, the citizens of my nation and yours, as well as the humanity of a lot of other nations into this financial mess.

Which translates into the entire world being much poorer now........With all the implications of what that really means.

Our governments really did break the motor that ran the world this time. They have no idea of how it even worked let alone a chance of fixing it. Don't wish them any more power. They will only misuse it to the suffering of many.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #573

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
We only had 57 new cases today, 32 yesterday. We were over a hundred new cases a day for the 5 days before that with the highest day a 187 cases. Now it seems to be dropping significantly. I think all the protest had a lot to do with the uptick of cases. I hope the number of cases keeps going down. They have been coming down state wide for the last couple of days.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The cases in TN have been way up the last week or so but the death rate is still low, about 1,300 cases a day compared to about 300 a day last month. What is strange is that across the line in VA they were having 1,000 plus cases a day for the last couple of months but now are down to around 300 a day. Why is that? Is one state or both states fudging their numbers? Did the huge number of cases in VA early on result in a "herd immunity" to lower the numbers? Are numbers being altered for political reasons. Probably all of the above.

Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Here is an interactive map of some of the recipients of larger amounts of the corona virus bailout money:

This article from zero hedge explains the background of the map and how to use the map to find out who received your tax dollars and how the range of$ they received,

.😀

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Ex-Harvard Medical School faculty member warns COVID-19 herd immunity is ‘wishful thinking' https://www.foxnews.com/health/clay-ackerly-coronavirus-herd-immunity-wishful-thinking Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
561 - 580 of 623 Posts