Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

601 - 620 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,758 Posts
While it doesn't effect everyone the long term affects of it are still being found. Permanent life long lung damage was just the start. Finding more and more problems with those that have recovered from being hospitalized.

My dad has a surgery coming up so he's forced to get a COVID-19 test done. Since we had dinner tonight if he does have it I probably would too.

Reactions: 53canuck

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #602
Six months and the coronavirus goes on. I hope it doesn't go on and on and on.

Reactions: 53canuck

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if the doctors and scientists we've been groomed to trust over the years could get their stories straight? Don't "facts" transcend ideologies? It's no wonder people are confused. We had a big spike over the last week. Most originating from the national holiday a couple of weeks ago and most appearing in the 20 to 30 year olds' that are invincible and were partying together.

Notice how the lady speaking here about getting back to the norm without protection in the world is speaking from her living room?

There's not as much argument against the masks here. It's because most don't get their news from twitter. It's because people know masks help even if a little bit so what's the problem? Some places want you to wear a mask before entry. So what? There's no harm and it's their place, their rules. If people don't like it there are lots of other places to go. Easy and no conflicts.

People demanding entry and throwing fits when they get asked to wear a mask to enter a private establishment. Some backwoods morons even threatening violence or flashing guns at people because they can't get a pizza. You just have to shake your heads at these idiots. There's one thing lacking in all the crap we're hearing about in the media regarding confrontations. Mutual respect. Seems lots of people have none.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts

It's not about the mask; it's about control. I will fight the control freaks to the day I die and it won't be from a hard to get virus dubbed Covid-19.

I mean seriously; who in their ever-lovin' right mind believes a cloth mask that maybe filters 50 micron particulates will stop a 1.5 micron virus or germ? It's ludicrous. It's like swatting a gnat with a tennis racket. An exercise in futility. Of course the true believers will say "but droplets". Yeah; right. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Me; I refuse to be one of these.

You do you and I'll do me. See you on the other side if your immune system hasn't been so trashed from wearing masks and you live through that nonsense. What ever happened to simple common sense? Of course wearing a mask that forces you to breathe in your own bodily waste is going to be detrimental to your health! Of course it will quickly be contaminated with all kind of nasties you wouldn't want your most loved one to touch or inhale.

H1N1 was 20 times worse than Covid so why didn't the world go crazy then? Oh yeah; a dem prez was in office.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I thought this video was on here already. 7 year olds know to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. And they know about germs not just spraying spit.

And you don't have to watch the whole thing, just the first couple of minutes. I too believe that wearing the masks is voluntary. When masks are required I have to make a decision on whether or not I want to go there. Why some get all riled up and indignant is beyond me. Even at work before all this crap I had to make a decision on whether or not a mask was required when sanding or painting. Or at home spraying pesticides. Common sense isn't so common anymore.

We know that wearing non-surgical masks is not about filtering 100% of the virus particles. It's about how far those little buggers go when people breathe, cough, sneeze. And remember even the naysayers who refute the seriousness, keep saying that not all those who actually gets the virus gets sick and even fewer die. And that the masks won't completely protect a person from getting the virus. I'll agree to both parts. That's correct. Figures also show the majority go unaffected and function fine in an open society. So why is it so hard for some to realize that those with the active virus, and who aren't sick, are still spreading it around. As I indicated earlier, we're getting surge here that's traceable young people partying during the holiday a couple of weeks ago. I bet they all felt fine at the time.

So who are the sheep? The ones following scientific fact, experiments, lessons and doctor's advice or the ones getting all their information from twitter and memes. Really, the discussion on masks lack of effectiveness has gone on way too long and really belongs on the Random BS Thread.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
“We are United in our effort to defeat the Invisible China Virus, and many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can’t socially distance. There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!” Trump tweeted Monday in a post that included a photo of him wearing a mask.

Don’t take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
“We are United in our effort to defeat the Invisible China Virus, and many people say that it is Patriotic to wear a face mask when you can’t socially distance. There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!” Trump tweeted Monday in a post that included a photo of him wearing a mask.
That's what I'm talking about. He wants to wear a mask, fine, but he's not mandating everyone wear one. If he did; I'd have a problem with that.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #610
I wear a mask, don't go to restaurants and clean my hands constantly. I also clean my trunk door handles, keys and so on. I've said this time and time again. I don't know what the truth is. One doctor says one thing and another contradicts what the other says. This goes on and on and on. I do not trust the CDC they are political and I'm sure many are making a killing out of this. Right now the world is going crazy and needs the so called experts to get their crap together. We need to get these young people back to work and off the streets. Stop the rioting, set curfews and enforce them. Use tear gas and night sticks to get control and throw people in jail and prosecute them. Enough is enough it is time to get control of all of this.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I go to restaurants. Life goes on. Governor signed that we all have to wear masks statewide starting Monday. Indiana finally got hit with the same surge of cases seen in rest of country.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

Reactions: CanuckRob

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #614

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Haha he's a local with a viral video enjoying his 15 minutes of fame.

Reactions: NAB

·
Registered
626 Posts
The arrogance and ignorance of Louie Gohmert in pursuit of pure political posturing when it comes to dealing with COVID-19, along with all who follow this same bent, will only serve to continue the spread of the virus in the U.S. While a viable vaccine will eventually be available, the timing is purely speculative at this point. Until one is widely available, the behavior of Ghomert and those who follow his denials and behavior patterns will only serve to further the infections along with the related costs to the economy, medical community/infrastructure and human life.

"Party on Garth", but don't bitch and make excuses when the bill comes due!

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #617
We are getting 50 to 100 new cases a day here now. But that's better than the 180's and 150's a day we were getting a couple of weeks a go. The cases started going up drastically about 10 days after the protest took place here. I didn't think it would be this bad here, but it is. People are wearing mask in most cases now. I don't get out to often, saving a bundle on gas. I do need to get a hair cut bad and have the oil changed in my truck. I hate seeing everyone in mask, especially pretty women and their smiles. Damn-it!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yeah dating now is awkward.
Never know what you're gonna get under that mask.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Kids start school and first day one tests positive so school shutdown.

The "new normal" kinda sucks.

Most districts here delaying classes in person until after labor day but some are trying to do in person sooner. Not working out very well obviously.

Curious how well college level will go with the ones doing in person classes.

601 - 620 of 623 Posts