Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had their brake rotors start to rust? Specifically the black part that connects the actual rotor to the wheel?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the black paint peeling and orange rust bubbling through.

And the bike doesn't sit much... had it maybe 10 months and have about 12,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I'm talking about the black paint peeling and orange rust bubbling through.

And the bike doesn't sit much... had it maybe 10 months and have about 12,000 miles.
Isn't this a problem with all vehicles in proximity of the salty ocean air?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
SE Florida here: I get corrosion in the darndest places. Under the trees and even found the circuit breaker net to the battery to be pretty corroded leaving me temporarily stranded one evening. My bikes live in a/c garage but that doesn't stop the elements from attacking. If you have a peeling rotor I would say you have a warranty claim.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't this a problem with all vehicles in proximity of the salty ocean air?
I'm 20 miles from the ocean, so I don't see that as the culprit.

I bought some rust converter stuff that turns the rust black and seals the surface. I have spent a couple of hours with a small wire brush and a q-tip carefully cleaning and sealing one rotor as it was pretty bad. Probably do the other one and then work my way over the whole bike during the next month or so.... I've noticed rust in a few other places too that I would like to get rid of.

Did not have a rust problem with the last Cross bike. Just wondering what others were experiencing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts