Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i Have been bitten by the Cross country bug.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has purchased one for less that MSRP. If so how much below. Any discounts on accessories? % off list.

If so which dealer. I am in Indiana. Saw a couple at the Gap and on Cheroahala last week.

MaxB (who is looking hard)

·
Registered
67 Posts
My suggestions:
Go to a Fuel-It demo. Find one near you, or in a nearby state. Dealers usually give $1000 off a bike and $1000 in accessories if you buy a bike within 10 days of a demo. I went to 2 demos in SLC, but didn't have enough $ to buy a XC. I do not do payments, gave 'em up for lent. Also, if you buy out-of-state, see if you can buy it sales-tax free, then do whatever is required in your state for registration. I am glad I waited because I like white and the thought of an "improved" trans.

When you buy, negotiate a 15-20% discount on accessories. for 3 months after you buy the bike. Usually a dealer will give 20% of stuff around here. So, buy the bike with less on it than you want, then use the discount to add stuff.

This is sort of a pain to go through, but it saves $ in the long run. Time is money, money is time. If you do the standard american stupid thing of buying when you can't afford it or impulse buying, you pay more IMO. Remember that you are trying (possibly) to do 3 things: 1-get rid of old bike, 2-get new bike at low price, and 3-get financing. These are all seperate deals - don't mix them.

1-If you trade-in a bike, then you will get less for it because the dealer has to do all the crap to sell it, blah, blah, blah.
2-get the best price on the bike using what you can - demos help alot. Do this seperate from any consideration on trades or $. Don't mix 'em. You should be able to get a bike OTD for the list price or close to it - including tax, prep, etc.
3- get your own financing or whatever. Credit union or something will always be less $ than other places. Have your ducks in a row BEFORE you go to buy, whether it is after a demo deal or not. If you have the whole $ bundle all ready and go for no payments, that is your strongest position to have.

Demos are winding down and there will be more in the spring. It would be prudent to wait for 2011 season, save $, - after all, winter is coming soon....

eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
White Bear, Thanks for the heads up on the fuel It program.
You and I think very much alike, I would probably have bought one by now except for buying 3 scooters last year, (worth it because I got to ride with all my kids at once) They are all in their 30's. I haven't borrowed on anything except the house for many years.

My grandma told me a Looooong time ago, if you can't pay cash , you don't need it. (this is from a depression era lady with 5 kids)

It does impress the dealers when you walk in with a wad of cash in hand.

I do disagree with one point, I think I like the blue better. hahahahahaha

MaxB (who does more trips because I dont have payments)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well MaxB-
I think the blue color looks too much like the "other american bike co", if you get my drift. I have seen so many solid colors from the "other american bike co." that I am sick of them. They have some of the weirdest color combos and almost all are instantly identifiable as HD. This turns me off completely.

I don't like black and can't see the reason for charging more $ for something other than black, sounds like a rip-off to me. I think/believe that any color is better than black - especially to be seen by the 2+-ton monsters out there. Black also brings a certain image and caveats that the HD developed - I don't want to go down THAT road. Blue is fine if it makes your day, but it won't make mine (respectfully). If I could think of a way to put pin-stripes or whatever on a blue XC I might consider it, but I still prefer white. White (even pearl white) doesn't show dirt and looks good about 90% of the time. My kind of color.

I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for. Sometimes a little patience pays off, so wait a bit IMO. Be sure you know if you need the regular or tall windshield - or a CeeBaileys will do the job. Keep your cards close to the chest...

eta moya dva rubles

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
No payments? Why that's dang near Un-American!!

Just kiddin' of course. I wish I was as good with a dollar as you two guys. At least my house is paid for, eh.

White is a good color for low maintenance but looks too much like the standard HD color. I'm not kiddin' on this one. There are no less than 5 white Electra Glides in the group of 30 or so I ride with. It's kind of a fluke but there it is.

The candy apple blue I've seen and have painted my own bike's with is awesome but do take a little extra effort to keep it looking its best.

The XC was my first choice but since I already had a touring bike I just wanted a hot rod. I think I would have been happier with a Kingpin in the long run but this JP will do just fine as the hot rod bike I was looking for.

Good luck in your quest. Winter time is the best time to buy a bike. Dec. and Jan are the best months. (if you want the best deal)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I found a dealer that printed some $ numbers on the internet (Motor-Vation- east coast somewhere):
"showing 2011 models on Monday August 23, Tuesday August 24, and Wednesday August 25. Plus, as an added bonus for demo rides, Victory will also give our customers, who complete a demo ride, a $1,000 coupon to put toward a new purchase of a Victory. Make sure to mark your calendars and stop by Motor-Vation for a demo and a $1,000 coupon."

This adds up, if I have the math correct, to $2000 off a bike. I sent this to a dealer here in Idaho and he has not responded yet. It will be interesting to see the reply. They said they would do better than a Demo Fuel-It deal. A member in Caldwell ID (pdsmith) got -30% off on accesories. I have not heard of any costs ($ charges) on extended warranties.

Apparently, if you work for it, there are some deals out there. I am patient enough to want one of these deals for myself.

eta moya dva rubles

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I bought my 2010 Cross Roads from Performance East Inc. 1306 W. Grantham St Goldsboro, NC 27530 this past spring. I wanted the bike in Midnight Cherry and my local dealer had sold out of them. I got the bike for $15,150 out the door and it included the driver and passenger back rest (about $700 in options). I'm not sure why the gave me such a good price and I didn't ask. Apparently thought the list price isn't written in stone at all the dealerships. Good luck in your search. The X Roads is a great bike! - Larry

·
Registered
67 Posts
FWIW*******
I got an answer from Carls Cycles in Boise, ID:

"The Victory Demo day is here Fri October 8th only. It is not on the schedule because we just secured that date with Victory last week. On that day you will receive $1000 towords accessories in addition to any other discount you will receive. In response to the Taller windshield, When you buy the bike you will receive 15% off all accessories at time of purchase. So the retail is $349 and I can give it to you for $299 and yes, then you will have 2 windshields. Along with that , you will be a VIP customer and receive a Gold Card good for 10% off every accessory for one year. ....
The white bike and the blk one are on display on my showroom right now"

The interesting thing is there is a Victory Demo in Boise on 8 Oct, and another one on 9 Oct. in Idaho Falls. It will be interesting to see how these 2 places make their offer. I plan to go to both to do just that. There is a fellow in Alabama who was offered $17000 OTD for a bike and $7000 of accessories for $5400. That sounds like 22-23% discount to me. (this was on thevog.net)

Both Demos are listed on the Vic Demo schedule now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
What dealer?

I got my new 2011 CC for what they quoted me on a 2010 with the $1000 savings. I also got my accessories for 30% off when I bought mine.

What dealer did you buy your bike from?
The 30% sounds great!

He said Carl's Cycle in Boise, ID. At least I know that there is some room to wrangle a deal.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
There is a fellow in Alabama who was offered $17000 OTD for a bike and $7000 of accessories for $5400.
$17000 OTD is a deal anyone in their right mind should take. It's not like this is inventory that nobody wants.

However, that being said, we'll never know the circumstances in which the deal was offered. Did the bike have some miles on it? Was it a 2010 or a 2011? Was the dealer in a slump for a while, and were willing to make a deal?

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
CrossRoads: I might be able to give some input on this one.

Times are tough as we all know. Moving "product"; in this case Victory Motorcycles at a time in a prolonged recessesion is difficutlt enough. Moving product, even a product as good as any Victory model; is still gonna be difficult.

At some point in this business the business owners and the Head Office need to come to together and make a decision about moving the motorcycles onto the street or let them sit on the showroom floor indefinitely.

It is my humble opinion that Victory's head office and all the dealership's came to a conclusion to have a sale so people like me would be able to get on a Victory. Guys like me have been riding the fence for a while now and all we really needed was a very good deal to switch brands and become part of the Victory Club, as it were.

I still ride both brands but I'm much happier riding my Victory within a 200 mile radius. Then again; it is a hotrod Jackpot. :D

My other bike, an old 99 Electra Glide Standard isn't anything special but it is set up special for me. You would like it even though you might be a Vic guy.

Anyway ... no worries either way. Both Vic and HD are excellent bikes. For now; I like the Vic for day trips better because it rides so nice and feels so light while having enough power to blow any truck or blue hair away. Which just means I can pass them with ease on the Vic. I can do the same thing on the HD but since it weigh's a couple hundred pounds more; it doesn't do it with the same ease; if you know what I mean, eh.

Anyway; I'm proud to be a member of both American Camps in this fantastic American Motorcycle Arena.

The question now is: Where do we go from here?

I like the idea of healthy American competition and look forward to more of it.

My baby's ...

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
BBob: Your bikes look good, especially that salt'n'pepper jackpot.

The deals come down to a simple and very old golden rule, known as "supply & demand." If nobody wants the product, then it ends up being given away. If everybody wants the product, then customers fight over it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out Honda of East Toledo www.hondaeasttoledo.com. If you check out their specials they have a 2010 demo for 14999 and a 2011 for 15999. Im from Illinois and was seriously thinking of flying over there this weekend to pick one up. The only fees you pay is about 126.5 which is a doc fee and a title fee. They don't charge you any other ridiculous fees that you might expect. You just have to pay the tax in your home state of Indiana. Im assuming they are a high volume dealer because of the various models that they carry.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Check out Honda of East Toledo www.hondaeasttoledo.com. If you check out their specials they have a 2010 demo for 14999 and a 2011 for 15999. Im from Illinois and was seriously thinking of flying over there this weekend to pick one up. The only fees you pay is about 126.5 which is a doc fee and a title fee. They don't charge you any other ridiculous fees that you might expect. You just have to pay the tax in your home state of Indiana. Im assuming they are a high volume dealer because of the various models that they carry.
I don't mean to be negative, but don't ever take it serious when a dealer advertises something. As per their website:
"Price shown is based on the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) and is subject to change. MSRP excludes optional accessories, applicable taxes, installation, setup and/or other dealer fees."

So, if the "other dealer fees" are $3k more than what other dealers offer, then there goes that.

It would be awesome if everybody posted when they bought their bike, where, and for how much. But then again, unless there's some anonymity, buyers don't feel comfortable posting that.

Wish there was a site, like edmunds.com but for motorcycles, showing you what your desired model sells on average for, in your area.

·
Premium Member
13,043 Posts
Those are excellent points CR. Many find it useful to see what bike go for on ebay. It's easy enough to do. When paying cash I always buy used bikes from a private party because I don't have to pay sales tax on them in AZ.

I financed this one and got it for 12.6 before adding the exhaust, then later the seat, windshild, and clear lens covers. I thought was a good buy for 18.5 bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anybody take people here seriously over here. You don't think I took that in consideration when I was looking for a new motocycle. Anyways I myself actually called the dealer and they told me an out the door price of 16125.5. The only fees that they charged was a doc fee and a title fee. Maybe if you guys actually call the dealer and see if they are legit you would get a price. There are no other fees when I asked and then I received a written confirmation/invoice/email about it. How specific do I have to be when posting something here geez. Anyways, when buy something out of state you do not pay sales tax in the state you bought it in, but in the state that you will have it registered. So after all the calculations I have with a 7% sales tax here in Illinois and $134.00 for title and registration, it all added up to $17252.00. The dealer in Illinois quoted me 20131.23 with 425 freight fee, 190 set up fee, 75 doc fee. Remeber those are taxable fees. So that is added to the priced and then taxed 7%. Then you got 134 added for title and registration. That's a savings of 2879.23 if I went to Ohio and bought it there. I would rather pay the 200 plane ticket to Ohio and ride it 6 hours back to Chicago and save 2679.23. The dealer in Illinois was not going to take off 2000 off the price or even budge at all. Who is stupid enough to pay msrp for anything these days. Let me get this clear again if any of you guys forgot. Just remember if you buy a vehicle out of state, you do not pay sales tax except for your home state. If Im gonna save a significant amount on a vehicle, I am willing to travel just for. Since you are in Indiana, why don't you just give them a call? What's the worse thing they can do, hang up.

·
Registered
528 Posts
$17000 OTD is a deal anyone in their right mind should take. It's not like this is inventory that nobody wants.

However, that being said, we'll never know the circumstances in which the deal was offered. Did the bike have some miles on it? Was it a 2010 or a 2011? Was the dealer in a slump for a while, and were willing to make a deal?
I was the 1 that got the cc posted above.
I did get the 2011 cc for $17,000 otd. They gave me 60 days to purchase the accessories for +- 23%

It was cycle nation in Huntsville, Al.
They got it in on 9-27
I got it on 10-01
Should have gotten the cc a lot sooner. My mpg is unheard of on a bike this big-48-52 so far

dd

1 - 20 of 27 Posts