Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise on the size of bike cover needed for the X R? I am also looking for a way to hang a couple of helmets securely. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
XL cruiser cover doesn't fit well so you'll probably have to go with a touring bike (I.e. Goldwing / HD Ultra) cover. As far as helmet locks go it depends on the type of helmets and how secure you want them. The cheapest and easiest way to secure helmets to your XR is with bicycle locks (wimpy plastic covered chain w/combo lock). 1/2 helmets can either fit in your bags or hang from handlebar ends with the chain going through the side straps and the trees. Full helmets can sit over your mirrors with the same chain arrangement or on the seat with the chain through the bag mounts.

·
Registered
336 Posts
We use gun locks to secure helmets. The local PD gives them away from time to time. Easy to store and just the right size.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
If you have the tubular crash bars, there are nice chromed helmet locks that clamp on to them. Use it myself. Available at most bike accessory stores and dealers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts