Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a little ride with Squatch today (588 miles according to google maps). Somewhere in the vicinity of Dunmore, WV I see something black move toward the road. My first thought? Someone's big witch or other Halloween decoration blowing in the wind, but we come over the rise and IT'S A COW standing in my lane. That was a first for me...

Outside that it was GLORIOUS! We hit some of the best roads in 3 states and a couple I haven't been on before. Dodged the rain all the way home and only got rained on for 10 minutes or so... until I was almost home... then the sky opened up and it rained like a bitch just enough to get my legs wet so I could freeze the rest of the way home. Did not even put a dent in my being stoked! It's going to take hours to decompress from today... it was that good.

·
Registered
403 Posts
did it MOOOOOOOve over? I envy your trip, fall in the Virginia's is awesome.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Went for a little ride with Squatch today (588 miles according to google maps). Somewhere in the vicinity of Dunmore, WV I see something black move toward the road. My first thought? Someone's big witch or other Halloween decoration blowing in the wind, but we come over the rise and IT'S A COW standing in my lane. That was a first for me...

Outside that it was GLORIOUS! We hit some of the best roads in 3 states and a couple I haven't been on before. Dodged the rain all the way home and only got rained on for 10 minutes or so... until I was almost home... then the sky opened up and it rained like a bitch just enough to get my legs wet so I could freeze the rest of the way home. Did not even put a dent in my being stoked! It's going to take hours to decompress from today... it was that good.
Out west, they have a lot of free range where the livestock can move about freely. I had one surprise me being near the road out in Cali. Had the wife get off and take her pic. I was hoping she'd get it's proximity to the road, but she got me as I went down the road to turn around so you get a general feel for the area.

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

I don't expect that kinda thing in the east, but returning home from an event over near the WV border I came around a corner to find a truck stopped in my lane and a cow blocking the other. Not a good feeling. The Vics brakes work well when incentivized.

Finally, one fall while riding in Austria we encountered a herd of these:

cow hat1.jpg

Seeing this for this first time will test your riding skillz. Watching men dressed in lederhosen running around after them was enough to make even the most hateful break a smile. Apparently, it's a yearly ritual there before the winter when the herd the cows of the mountains.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did it MOOOOOOOve over? I envy your trip, fall in the Virginia's is awesome.
:ltr::ltr: Yes, it got out of the way... Poor thing was scared of the yellow motorcycle...

The leaves are GONE in some places. The fall colors are over for the most part... but we weren't sight-seeing, if you catch my drift.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Holy Cow!

New power make for a great machine, open the taps and mOOve forward. Much more power but still not enough to keep up with your steed.

I thought you were going to heard the cow up the road to the next pasture.... ole Bessie was not too happy with the Angry 1.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Guess, you really are a cowboy:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That was probably the best ride we have done... Too bad the rest of the guys missed it.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Y'all prob didn't leave the BBQ and are makin this crap up because I didn't come up aren't you!lol. JK of course, sounds like a great time. I did get a good ride in last Saturday without you all too. 1320 miles and five states in 23.5 hours. No cows but a lot of dear. Was never so glad to get back on 95south. Glad you all had a good one. Will be back up sooner than later.

Until then safe ridin!
Tim

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Y'all prob didn't leave the BBQ and are makin this crap up
Actually, we didn't have any BBQ... I had the Fish & Chips in Monterey, VA...

This is a ride we will do again. It would be a great spring opener next season.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey cowboy,
Maybe we should run to Pierce's BBQ next Saturday. This might be close enough to Tim, Chips and Big Mike so they can come meet us and say Howdy.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Oops sorry not Cowboy erh.... Half Crazy....:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Actually, we didn't have any BBQ... I had the Fish & Chips in Monterey, VA...

This is a ride we will do again. It would be a great spring opener next season.
Sounds like a plan!!

·
Premium Member
5,075 Posts
Sounds like a great day!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Tim/HC/Chips,
I would delete the bit on I64 and add the back roads thru lake Anna, Orange, and up US 33 then connect to 250 via 11.

More curves than a cheap brothel

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
The concrete for me is just a means to get back home. When we left Charlottesville after lunch during that ride I was at 185 miles just over 2.5hrs in the drive way. you do the math, I wasnt site seeing. I am ok with doing what we did which is ride for 3 hours or so on the twisties, lunch and roll home. Factor lunch in here anywhere in there but i don't want to mess up the CG of the bike.. lol... Doing 2hrs or so to get to the meet points no big issue but Bret is about 30 min south of me for planning purposes. Bret got your message, not sure what Monday holds for me yet. I have some preplaned tasking that I may not be able to shuffle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts