Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a couple of negative comments about the fit of the Cee Bailey windshield.

I have a mid height OEM shield, but need a little more coverage.

Does anybody have the 7JuRock windshield?
Is there another tall shield out there that is recommended?

Thanks,
Robert

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have read a couple of negative comments about the fit of the Cee Bailey windshield.

I have a mid height OEM shield, but need a little more coverage.

Does anybody have the 7JuRock windshield?
Is there another tall shield out there that is recommended?

Thanks,
Robert
Robert,

Were have you read anything negative about Cee Bailey? What about the fit is bad?

For one Cee Bailey is one of the last companies that stand behind their product and has top notch customer service. The product they offer is top quility and the price you can not beat!

They make two diffrent style sheild for the CR one with built in lowers for CR that do not have the forged bars and one that is the same shape as the stock but at whatever height you want.

I have the one with built in lowers and all I can tell you is that it has been THE BEST investment that I have made for my bike! I get more protection for my body then I do riding a fairing bike (except for my hands). When I ordered my shield they called me back to make sure I did not have forged bars. Mind you, I had already paid. The guy told me "Oh by the way we lowered our price so I will be refunding you the difference. The new price will be posted on the website next week." Holy crap who does that now days!!!!!

As far as the other sheild you mentioned..... never heard of them. Sorry!

You can not go wrong with Cee Bailey.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't find the reviews (may not have been this forum) this minute, but the fit issues were related to the install. The install took much longer due to holes not lining up. I read at least three separate cases.

Being a fellow Chief, I am well versed in field modifications. But, when I buy an OEM replacement, I would expect a better fit.

How was your install experience?

Robert

·
Registered
472 Posts
For me no problem whatsoever with the fitting of the Cee Bailey shield. Went on real good. And I love it!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I Googled every format of "XR", "Cross Roads", "Cee Bailey", "Cee Baileys" and "Review" that I could think of. I couldn't find any but good reviews. I searched more vague "Cee Bailey Review" and brought up everything I could stand to read. Numerous reviews for numerous manufacturers and nothing negative.

Oh, there was a guy that said he ordered his too tall and had to look through it. Is that a bad review?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a couple of them, from another Vic forum.

"I am exceedingly disappointed / dissatisfied. I scheduled an hour, took me 4 to get it rigged. RIGGED!!!
Would have sent it back, but was committed at this point."

"Love the new windshield on my XRD, but the install was a b**ch. ?????
Took me 2 hrs. plus. Nothing lined up like I thought it should. But I managed to get 'er done."

It is good to hear that a couple of people here did not have installation issues. The majority of the performance review all seem very positive. I may give it a try, at least I know going in that install *may* not be plug and play.

Robert

·
Registered
472 Posts
Maybe, just maybe, they put the hardware on wrong. If I remember right there was a sequence of what to tighten first and so on. Torque sequence if you will. You know tighten up the outsides first and then the center doesn't fit. Get it in a bind, holes don't line up? I don't know. Like I said I had no problems at all. Give 'em a try, I think you'll be satisfied.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Cgetlost,
Are you sure those reviews were for Victory Cross Roads (AKA XR) and not for a Harley XR1200? I saw several reviews that mentioned XR taht were actually for the HD XR1200 but I didn't bother reading them because they were'nt applicable.

·
Registered
336 Posts
How was your install experience?

Robert
I had no issues what so ever. It did take two sets of hands but my 10 year old son was the other set so no big deal and very easy going.

I'm telling you brother you will not be disappointed with them... Also, tell them you are military.

BSD

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the Cee Bailey Dragon 17". Definitely stopped the "bobblehead"
The hardest part of switching was breaking the original screws loose. After that, it took about 5 min. Very easy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just put the 18 inch CB dragon shield on. Easiest windshield install ever! 5 min. When I was done, I stood back and said, are you sure thats all?
Before it arrived, I started wondering if it would have too much of a "sport tourer" look... Once it was on, it looks good.

Definitely took care of the bobble head effect!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I ordered a 19" Dragon couple of weeks ago, can't wait for it to get here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The "bobble head" for mefelt like my head was full of marbles with the short XC shield, so I went with Tall Victory Shield, I'm 6' 3" and I end up looking right through the crown of the shield and I have " double" vision". I see 2 car bumpers .. a little dangerous, I looking to get Dragon,
would you suggest a 19" or go for a 20" ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
The "bobble head" for mefelt like my head was full of marbles with the short XC shield, so I went with Tall Victory Shield, I'm 6' 3" and I end up looking right through the crown of the shield and I have " double" vision". I see 2 car bumpers .. a little dangerous, I looking to get Dragon,
would you suggest a 19" or go for a 20" ?
Im 6-0 and ordered the recommended shield for my height (18" for 5-10 to 6-0) Since Im at the upper end of that, I have a good view over the top of the windshield. A 19" would also put you at the top of the recommended list and give you a few inches leeway downward seeing over the top of the shield.

Ordering the 20" might be similar to what you currently experience with your tall vic shield?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I am having some challenges with my short OEM shield on my XR. I still get some buffeting at 70+ MPH even with lowers, the small head rattle that scrambles your vision and brains. I'm 6', but the mid-height OEM shield edge was right in my line of sight so I didn't go with that. I don't want to look through the shield, so my only option is to go for something in-between small and medium. I was thinking of going Cee Bailey, but after I saw a few demonstrations of the differences between Lexan and Acrylic I have some reservations.

Did a little research on National Cycle's website and found something that might be perfect for the XR. In fact, it's made for the XR's competitor, HD Road King. It's called the stinger:

It's hard coated polycarbonate and is quick release and fully adjustable for rake. Plus, it comes much closer to the rider and has a flip at the end, so I think the air pocket would be a lot cleaner even with a shorter shield. Finally, it looks really slick and I think it would go well with the lines of the XR. With the quick release option, modern design that comes back to the rider, and good looks, I think it would be a really good option for the XR.

I found out National Cycle is literally 30 minutes from my house, so I contacted them to see if they plan on making it for the XR. They said they would check and get back to me. I volunteered my bike for them to test fit, so hopefully they take me up on the offer!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I am having some challenges with my short OEM shield on my XR. I still get some buffeting at 70+ MPH even with lowers, the small head rattle that scrambles your vision and brains. I'm 6', but the mid-height OEM shield edge was right in my line of sight so I didn't go with that.
I'm 5'10" and if my back is straight I have a whole head above the mid windshield. With back relaxed and hunched down like an old man I still have about 2 inches over the shield. You must have long legs and short torso. :) cheers

·
Registered
356 Posts
I'm 5'10" and if my back is straight I have a whole head above the mid windshield. With back relaxed and hunched down like an old man I still have about 2 inches over the shield. You must have long legs and short torso. :) cheers
True, or maybe my arms are short too. I do lean forward a little which keeps me from sitting up completely straight. Who knows :crzy:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am having some challenges with my short OEM shield on my XR. I still get some buffeting at 70+ MPH even with lowers, the small head rattle that scrambles your vision and brains. I'm 6', but the mid-height OEM shield edge was right in my line of sight so I didn't go with that. I don't want to look through the shield, so my only option is to go for something in-between small and medium. I was thinking of going Cee Bailey, but after I saw a few demonstrations of the differences between Lexan and Acrylic I have some reservations.

Did a little research on National Cycle's website and found something that might be perfect for the XR. In fact, it's made for the XR's competitor, HD Road King. It's called the stinger:

It's hard coated polycarbonate and is quick release and fully adjustable for rake. Plus, it comes much closer to the rider and has a flip at the end, so I think the air pocket would be a lot cleaner even with a shorter shield. Finally, it looks really slick and I think it would go well with the lines of the XR. With the quick release option, modern design that comes back to the rider, and good looks, I think it would be a really good option for the XR.

I found out National Cycle is literally 30 minutes from my house, so I contacted them to see if they plan on making it for the XR. They said they would check and get back to me. I volunteered my bike for them to test fit, so hopefully they take me up on the offer!
While I do agree that over 70 I still get a little head bob and I have the built in lowers I think alot has to do with the fact that I wear a full face.

That said no offense - IMHO that shield looks like something dug out of a Hollywood back room off the Aliens shoot!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cgetlost,
Are you sure those reviews were for Victory Cross Roads (AKA XR) and not for a Harley XR1200? I saw several reviews that mentioned XR taht were actually for the HD XR1200 but I didn't bother reading them because they were'nt applicable.
Yes, I am sure it was for the Victory Cross Roads. It was on another Victory only forum.

I have ordered the Cee Bailey windshield. I am hoping that the couple of people that had problems did not follow the instructions. Even the people that had installation issues were very pleased with the end result. I'll post up my experience when it arrives.

Robert

1 - 20 of 34 Posts