Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal here??? Illegal drugs for sale, sex ads on occasion, iPhones for sale..Is this a Victory forum or Craigslist?

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Its called SPAM, it happens on PUBLIC forums BUT I am trying to see if there is a way of changing the forum settings to hopefully stop it.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its called SPAM, it happens on PUBLIC forums BUT I am trying to see if there is a way of changing the forum settings to hopefully stop it.
Bet this doesn't happen on the Harley Forum

HAHAHAHA just messing with ya man

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Could set it so newly signed up members cannot start new threads until they have 10 posts under their belt, and the first 5 posts or so they cannot post any links. And maybe the very first one or two posts must be reviewed and approved before it shows up. Otherwise it's too easy for spam to come through.

Bet this doesn't happen on the Harley Forum

HAHAHAHA just messing with ya man
It happens on any forum that has traffic. Some forums make it harder to spam, which in turn puts on some restrictions on new members, as I have suggested above. Other forums do not allow links in your posts 'till you get some 20 posts or so without getting yourself in any kind of trouble. And they have a limit on how many posts you can place on a certain period of time.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I hear ya....its seems to be the worse it has ever been since I became a member here. Hopefully we can get something done about it.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
As a admin of some forums in the past (nothing to do with bikes) what we did was to ban specific IP ranges that the offenders were posting from. thumb up

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I hear ya....its seems to be the worse it has ever been since I became a member here. Hopefully we can get something done about it.
Spammers monitor their target sites and when they see that they can repeatedly garner success on a specific site, they keep hitting it with minor variations (sometimes just an ID change). They often also "sell" their list to other spammers. So, in order to control most implement the volume restrictions others have pointed out.

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts
I was gonna order some kush
Yeah. Me too dang it. What is it anyway? :D

Probably some legal substance that'll kill 90% of a persons brain cells no doubt.

Or just ripoff scam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts