Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you find there cracks me up at times. All most worn out tires or the guy that stock cams. Bent up sheet metal. I would never want some strangers boots or gloves. Or the guy that shows a part with no description. There is a guy selling mirrors for a specific model bike that will fit any bike.
1% of the time I find something I want

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've had great luck on Craigslist. I've bought four bikes and sold two using C/L.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
I've bought and sold several items on CL.....and haven't met one killer.

Reactions: PJRom

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Reactions: PJRom

·
Premium Member
8,994 Posts
Who is Craig anyway, does he exist?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Right now He's serving 10 to 20 for mail fraud...:wink

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
A guy posted his bike. Had a pic of huge dent in his tank... he played it down by revealing he'd only dropped it once. LOL!

Look! I love CL and has been been the greatest tool for my motorcycle experience. There is much that you have to look past and of course, lots of entertainment with how extremely stupid people can be.

I could go on and on at the redneck stuff posted... they'll let anybody on there.

If you use some common sense, CL is the best place to get a good deal as well as to get your bike sold. You got to do your homework though and be just a tad tech savvy.

I check it every day and often see a fantastic deal but I can't do anything about it due to be married... to my vegas.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Some police depts. are now offering a secure meeting place just for C/List meets/negotiations . Probably not a bad idea ? I mean if the proposed buyer / seller is some bad guy ? Likely he won't show up, when you announce where it is you choose to meet. And it doesn't give anyone the opportunity to see where you live & or what you may have. I have done C/List deals. If I ever do again I might just suggest it ?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
After complaining about craigslist searches not being wide enough a coworker informed me about SearchTempest: Search all of Craigslist nationwide & more that allows me to search several states away.
I used SearchTempest to find two of my Craigslist XCT bikes - one in Detroit and one in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Bought them both and road them to Florida. I was searching everywhere in a 2000 mile range from Florida for 2012 XCT bikes back in fall of 2014.

G'day,

Vinish

1 - 11 of 11 Posts