Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 2006 Victory Vegas 8-Ball. I've got a couple issues and I was hoping someone could offer some insight.

First Issue:
Noticed some very slight oil seepage around one of the crankcase cover mounting bolts (top-middle bolt). I went to check the torque on the bolts and they didn't seem to be very tight. Not holy s**t loose, but not reassuringly tight either. I don't know the torque spec, but I gave them another half turn just in case. Either way, would this be a bad gasket or could this be caused by oil over-capacity? I performed an oil change recently and filled it to the capacity specified, however the stick indicates an oil level slightly above the "full" mark (when checking the oil after standing the bike up straight).

Second Issue:
I've started to notice a persistent "gurgling" noise. It only seems to happen when the fuel tank is less than 1/4 full, which makes me think it is a fuel venting/ pump issue. It starts and stops at random, lasts for a few seconds, and occurs regardless of gear position, idle, throttle, etc. On a recent inspection I noticed the throttle body adaptor appears to be cracked in various places. I know I should replace it either way, but could this be causing the gurgling noise? Kind of a long shot, but maybe I only notice it when my fuel tank is low since there is less sound dampening through the tank?

There are no other indications that anything else is wrong.

I really appreciate any thoughts, feedback, etc.!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can help with the torque specs. Send me a PM.

·
13,177 Posts
Oil change with filter put in 4qts start bike let it run till light goes out. Now wait a minuet then stand bike straight up and add you 1/4qt.

For the gas gurgling try opening caps when it does it and see if it stops. Check gas cap for venting. Vent might be blocked

·
13,177 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts