Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to take out the crankcase breather out of the airbox. I just installed the S&S kit and wanted my throttle body to stay cleaner. So I got a filter from AutoZone and some hose clamps. I also got a vacuum hose plug assortment to block of the spot where it mounts to the S&S box. Very easy and the filters came in many colors. It is a spectra filter. For the people that said it is not a good idea that is what loydz torque tubes do and if he dose it it must be ok. He mounts his higher up the tube. I thought the filter looks good and wanted to show it of. I will see once I start to ride if it leaks because of the angle it is at. If so I will mount it up higher.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Looks good. I installed one on my ZRX awhile back.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Looks good. I installed one on my ZRX awhile back.
Ditto, and other bikes too. I've always been able to find parts to fit those bikes though. I never could find one to fit the XR. The nipple on the crank and the nipple on the filters are such different sizes. Looks like hose clamps make everything okay. Back to AutoZone I go. thumb up

·
13,231 Posts
in time it will puck oil on your motor. You should have it down towards the ground more.
Good thinking on your part

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is not a overflow. It is a breather but it might in time get a little oil residew on the motor. We will see. Otherwise I have the old stock tube and I will put it up high. Like I said in my original post.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just an FYI. If you leave your breather in the position you have it, you will get a bit oil misting and accumulating onto the frame. I originally had mine in that position and got a bit concerned with the oil collecting there. I raised my filter up 6-8 inches to keep the oil in the crankcase and limit the amount that collects on the lower portions of my frame.

Just ad an elbow to where your filter is currently then add another length of tubing to raise it up a bit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts