• Looks ok either way!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just looking for some opinions. When I bought my bike it had the crash bars on it. I like the look of them but what do you guys think? Better with or without them? I know the answer is take them off and see but I thought I would ask here first. If I didn't have them I wouldn't of gone out and bought them but I think they suit it ok.

Thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
Oh they look horrible. You should take them off and send them to me. I'll dispose of them for you. Just kidding. Ultimately your opinion is all that matters. If your not happy with them then get rid of them. If you do get rid of them I may seriously want to purchase them from you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
579 Posts
If it were my bike, I'd keep them on.
The functionality of having an extra place to rest my feet while riding around in that beautiful country of yours would be worth keeping them.

Seeing your posted pictures prompted me to look around on google maps using street view.

I found an image of a fuel station. It listed unleaded at 133.7 per litre. (not sure when that image was taken) What currency does Scotland use?

·
Registered
454 Posts
They look great, but more than that (as said earlier in this post) the added places to stretch out your legs should make them worth their weight in gold.

BTW, got a part number for those, only ones I have found for the HighBall are chrome.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If it were my bike, I'd keep them on.
The functionality of having an extra place to rest my feet while riding around in that beautiful country of yours would be worth keeping them.

Seeing your posted pictures prompted me to look around on google maps using street view.

I found an image of a fuel station. It listed unleaded at 133.7 per litre. (not sure when that image was taken) What currency does Scotland use?
They use the British pound.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
870 Posts
i would leave them on if it was me if u ever lay it down {which i hope never happens} they will help protect your engine and legs dont ask me how i know i just know but the the choice is yours

·
13,003 Posts
Why would you ask for our opinion its your life and your bike do as you like. thumb up

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know it's my bike my choice but I am just throwing it out there. As I said if it didn't have them I would never have ordered them but I don't mind them on the bike.

I was toying with the idea of removing them and adding forward controls as I can't add them with the bars :(

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Big T , don't take this the wrong way , you just said if it didn't have them , you would not go out and get them ..... You may have just answered your own question , and also , if you want to extend your forwards and cant , Bin those bars . Its much more important to be comfy in your natural riding position , AKA , with your feet on the pegs ...... Plus IMHO those bars DO NOT BELONG ON A HIGHBALL !:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
After today's ride I am determined to acquire a set of highway bars for my 2013 Vegas 8 Ball. Can't seem to find any in black. It would be a shame to have to destroy a chrome set but if that's what it takes so be it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shame you aren't in the UK as I think I might take them off...maybe!

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
A picture is worth a 1,000 words they say........
Those bars did a great job of protecting bike and rider. Note that the bike is not on its side. They're called crash bars for a reason.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
I personally think they look good. Not sure how tall you are, but I am 6'2" so the first thing I would do would be forward control, thus removing the crash bars. Forward controls would be more comfortable, but you also cant argue with Ricz logic cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts