Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well...it happened!:(

And i was such a weird crash too. I was going
in to a nice long left hander, I let my mind wonder off for a quick second, looked over to the right instead of to my left, exit of the turn and brought the bike up right a bit and by the time I looked to the exit to try to recover it was to late. I slid on the left of the bike first but my friends behind me said me and the bike tumbled a few times.

it was all done in a blink of an eye. thump, thump, thump and i was on my feet. I've got a broken right pinky, broken left thumb, busted up left shoulder, (some small ligament tears and small rotator cuff tear), road rash on my shins. Left side is pretty bad.

I mean it could've been much worse if I wasn't wearing my full face helmet and my riding jacket. Jacket is shredded and thanks to the helmet I still have my face.

Bike is in the shop, pictures are not showing how bad the damage is but I think it's going to be totaled.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I mean it could've been much worse if I wasn't wearing my full face helmet and my riding jacket. Jacket is shredded and thanks to the helmet I still have my face.
Thanks for your candor. Hopefully it gets thru to those who think it's unkewl to wear gear. A wee bit of healing and a little time swappin parts and you'll be back enjoying the wind again. Many kewl people aren't as lucky.

Heal quick VV.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ouch!

Glad you are pretty OK. Walking off in disgust beats being carried off in an ambulance or worse. Hope all works out well for you.

Heal well. Cheers

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
glad you survived, thank God you were wearing a full face!
Thanks for your candor. Hopefully it gets thru to those who think it's unkewl to wear gear. A wee bit of healing and a little time swappin parts and you'll be back enjoying the wind again. Many kewl people aren't as lucky.

Heal quick VV.
Thanks guys. :)
I don't have a single scratch on my arms or torso. look at this picture and imagine if I didn't have my jacket on?

·
Registered
454 Posts
That sucks, but glad to hear you are still here to tell the tale. I am guilty of not wearing all of the gear all of the time (only when it is comfortable to wear). My gear usually consist of a half helmet, gloves and boots, once the weather gets cooler I add my leather jacket, when it is down right cold or raining Than and only then do I wear a full face helmet (I feel as if I am wearing blinders in it).

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Good post and glad your ok bro. Hope you and the bike back up to full speed quickly!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
10 year old bike. Like you say, it's a fair bet the adjuster writes it off.

Bikes are replaceable. Live long.

·
Registered
884 Posts
hate to hear bout your crash glad you are ok and wasnt seriosly hurt

·
Registered
931 Posts
Glad your Ok. I think I'm putting away my halfie and sticking with with my full face or getting modular

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Ouch! I am sorry to read about this, and happy to hear you got away relatively easy (except the broken thumb and pinkie). Wishing you a quick recovery so we can go riding again. cheers

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bikes are replaceable. Live long.[/QUOTE]

Can't say it any better than that ..
Yup so true. :)

Glad your Ok. I think I'm putting away my halfie and sticking with with my full face or getting modular

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Yeah that was five of us and two were wearing halfs and after my crash they both went and bought full face. thumb up

Ouch! I am sorry to read about this, and happy to hear you got away relatively easy (except the broken thumb and pinkie). Wishing you a quick recovery so we can go riding again. cheers
Thanks cross roads. :)
Looking forward to riding with you again. :)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I too am sorry to hear of your misfortune , and glad to hear you will recover . So lucky you had a full face , like some of the other guys were saying , I only go fullface when its really cold ... I'm now rethinking this . Well , heal up quick , p/u a new steed , and RIDE ON ! thumb up

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Glad you are still here with us Bad VV

Sorry to learn of the accident but also pleased to hear that your no worse off than you are. A friend of mine had a similar accident but on a heavier HD Road Glide. Bike slide, and rolled and he got pined under it during one of the rolls and had some pretty severe damage. Get healthy and hope to hear you out there riding again before too long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts