Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in D/FW on Christmas day it was almost 80° and I was in shorts, Saturday we had multiple tornadoes in the area, and this morning (Monday the 28th) it is snowing!

·
Registered
436 Posts
It has been bitter cold here in NorCal and lots of rain/snow - I have been riding little. Usually this is my favorite time to ride! We need the rain and snow so all is well.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Crazy! My wife's nephew is from Dallas and has been over here during all the nasty stuff.

We've definitely been capturing the moisture and humidity from the gulf. I've been riding during the Holidays but yesterday rain was scattered, I got wet and then got tired of trying to out run the wet stuff and hung it up.

Mike! I think, at least for our area, that the channel is about to flip and those 80 F days are gone. Jan/Feb is pretty much it for our winter... the rest of the year is always wait and see forecasting.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
It has been bitter cold here in NorCal and lots of rain/snow - I have been riding little. Usually this is my favorite time to ride! We need the rain and snow so all is well.
Looks like our drought might be over, eh Donzo? Up here, we are setting an all time record for rainfall in one month.

·
Registered
56 Posts
In northern Ontario at a cottage. Got real cold 5F. No riding to be done. Expecting over a foot of snow tonight. Going to be a long winter.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
60 here Saturday , 19 today .....:crzy:

·
13,177 Posts
looks like east coast will be dodging rain for the next few days

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
NW Georgia has been so wet the dirt road is impassible for a heavy MC. I haven't ridden in 2 weeks. It will be dry in a few days, but cold.

·
13,177 Posts
Last night was our first snowfall. Up here we know how to drive in the snow but 4 wheel drivers know better cause they can go fast so they think. 10 inches of snow and in a 5 hour period 263 crashs and over 200 spin outs.
Winter wonderland sucks.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Looks like our drought might be over, eh Donzo? Up here, we are setting an all time record for rainfall in one month.

For sure....everything is soaked here - been going to the high teens at night, so much colder than normal here. Black ice til 10 - 11am.

I'm on a well here in the foothills of the Sierra Mtns and getting the soil "recharged" with water is setting my mind at ease. Many wells in the area have been going dry....a very expensive situation! I'm in a mountain valley with a well 650 ft deep, so I would be one of the last to go dry but it's still a concern.
Bring on El Nino!

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
Here in D/FW on Christmas day it was almost 80° and I was in shorts, Saturday we had multiple tornadoes in the area, and this morning (Monday the 28th) it is snowing!
On Christmas day in Lubbock it was in the 60's. I road for a while. Saturday evening it started snowing and sleeting. Winds 40 mph with gust around 60 mph. Monday morning I had 4 foot drifts. Took me all day to dig out. Roads are really bad. It will take days to get the roads passable. Town is pretty much shut down. They are not set up here for this much snow.s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts